Scott's 4 gallon pico reef build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Tank is looks great! Love the neon green trumpet!! Some of them do look fake or dyed. Here's my radioactive yellow trumpet, color looks fake too- but it's natural. :)

image-158874610.jpg

Oh that is nice!!

thanks for following my thread :)

you too, clever, and jenn

scottayy said:
Oh that is nice!!

thanks for following my thread :)

you too, clever, and jenn

My pleasure to follow!! Love this stuff! If you wanna see my 55g, I have a thread under "members saltwater tanks", check it out if you get a chance. It's called "update of Beengirl's 55g reef". Have a great weekend!!

I will check it out. Stole a cleanup crew out of my 55 gallon and put a mesh bag of carbon and gfo in the "sump".

15 dwarf ceriths, 1 florida cerith, 1 nerite, 1 nassarius vibex. May add a hermit crab today.. can't decide if I want one in there or not yet.. I find they like to snack on snails and they molt and need new shells.. hassle!

img_2146062_0_c6747afa95c3f76697952da5ab45e8c9.jpg

img_2146062_1_4b2fff084ae9a889407221adac607b78.jpg

Sitting at 79 degrees.. evaporating a half a gallon a day! Full blown diatom mode... rusty rocks! hha

My trumpet coral is SO open and fleshy today.. Very expanded and inflated.. It is awesome.

Also I caught the firefish swimming this morning so pictures today maybe!

You're using the Evolve 4 tank? I'm almost done cycling mine!

Any recommendations for upgrades or any ideas on anything I should change on mine?

Oh and are these acrylic tanks??

Dang ill have to show you a newer picture later today. This is an older one before I got my 12" Coralife t5ho lights.

Attachments

• image-247890702.jpg
    image-247890702.jpg
    110.5 KB · Views: 162
Nice! The only thing I upgraded was the light. And the pump but that was because I killed mine on accident. I like the stock pump that comes with it.

Yes these are acrylic.

Yea I upgraded my lights but that was after I took that pic way back. I love mine!

Not yet. I have plenty in my 40gal that I'm going to put into it soon though.

Purple firefish is starting to make me mad. :( I've never had a fish hide this long. This guy was expensive I want to see him!

Finally I was able to capture the purple firefish on camera:
img_2149629_0_ec4b7e6c967eb8b676df358d45645d7f.jpg

Added a green clown goby:
img_2149629_1_8faa30b29a572f507e5f474211602ec6.jpg

And a pink/white feather duster:
img_2149629_2_6666a934898b5bd1160a50379fb5c84d.jpg

Yea!! He finally came out!! Your clown goby is so cute!! And I love the color on that feather duster.

I love my purple firefish!! He was skiddish at first and its cool to see him rush to his hole when i make a sudden movement near the tank or something. Mines not shy anymore, he always sits in the current picking of little particles or zooplankton or whatever lol.

Ahh! Seems like this fish keeps getting more popular. Can't wait to get mine :) Stunning feather duster btw! and setup overall!

scottayy said:
Finally I was able to capture the purple firefish on camera:

Added a green clown goby:

And a pink/white feather duster:

Your candy cane in the pic with the fire fish looks like its splitting.

Back
Top Bottom