Secret 10 gallon Angler tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

obscurereef

Aquarium Advice Addict
I had a 10 gallon tank hanging around so it begins...

I say "secret" because my parents will be surprised to find another tank...ha..ha..

Although rare, I can perhaps acquire a orange spotted black angler. If not, then a small red, orange, or yellow angler.

First question: I have an Aquaclear 50 & 70. Is the 70 overkill?

Tank will be on my (messy) desk.

Pic 1 & 2 w/ AQ 70

Pic 3 w/ AQ 50

Attachments

• image-2259431012.jpg
    image-2259431012.jpg
    105.9 KB · Views: 134
  • image-3161735526.jpg
    image-3161735526.jpg
    119.5 KB · Views: 124
  • image-1630130883.jpg
    image-1630130883.jpg
    106.7 KB · Views: 136
Looks good an you can never have to much filtration and the 70 might save you money on power heads. I'm also looking at saltwater tanks right now, gonna upgrade my 25 haha. I'm following along for this cool build

Looks good an you can never have to much filtration and the 70 might save you money on power heads. I'm also looking at saltwater tanks right now, gonna upgrade my 25 haha. I'm following along for this cool build

Thanks. The problem is the AQ 70 is really distracting for such a little tank and it requires more room, pushing the tank forward. I agree though, never can have too much filtration.

Luckily I have this cute guy (Koralia 425).

Attachments

• image-3396236595.jpg
    image-3396236595.jpg
    114.3 KB · Views: 128
Yeah it worked good on my old 20 gallon. What size tank will you upgrading from the 25?

Yeah it worked good on my old 20 gallon. What size tank will you upgrading from the 25?

A 75 hopefully. Gonna be a while though because I'm moving with in a year or so, but I got the okay for a larger tank for the new house. If I can find a good deal on Craigslist then I'll get a SW, if I can't find a good deal anywhere, then I'll go FW. I want a smaller kind of tang, I think it's called a comb tooth?

A 75 hopefully. Gonna be a while though because I'm moving with in a year or so, but I got the okay for a larger tank for the new house. If I can find a good deal on Craigslist then I'll get a SW, if I can't find a good deal anywhere, then I'll go FW. I want a smaller kind of tang, I think it's called a comb tooth?

Sweet. You have a lot of time to plan out your tank. Those are pretty tangs. My favorite tang that can fit in a 75 is the Tomini. When they are full grown, their orange fin looks so vibrant and beautiful. Much more colorful than when juveniles.

I did a water change on my 70 gallon and used the dirty water to fill the 10 gallon. Also had an old sponge and bio media (the ceramic rings) that I put in the filter. Decided to go with the AQ 50.

I wanted to go BB, but there's an annoying white tag on the bottom that won't come off so I put a thin layer of live sand from my other tank. I might go BB later and cover the tag with a rock or something.

Attachments

• image-2939242403.jpg
    image-2939242403.jpg
    117.5 KB · Views: 112
Sweet. You have a lot of time to plan out your tank. Those are pretty tangs. My favorite tang that can fit in a 75 is the Tomini. When they are full grown, their orange fin looks so vibrant and beautiful. Much more colorful than when juveniles.

I'll look that one up. I want 2 at max, mabye a school of firefish and mabye a pair of clowns. I'm excited. I'm keeping my eyes peeled, looking for one with most of the equipment, I can build a stand if I have to also haha.

If I don't get SW I'll go with FW, move everything over from my 45 into it.

Looks good, BB are awesome. Cleaner too. If you want a dark look, they make black sand haha

The point is to have a cleaner tank, less work, and more water volume. I guess the sand is good for starting up the cycle, but I'm leaning towards taking it out. Don't really want to spend money on sand and nassarius snails. ;)

The point is to have a cleaner tank, less work, and more water volume. I guess the sand is good for starting up the cycle, but I'm leaning towards taking it out. Don't really want to spend money on sand and nassarius snails. ;)

Hmm, good point. Mabye try scribing vinager water in the sticker

I'll look that one up. I want 2 at max, mabye a school of firefish and mabye a pair of clowns. I'm excited. I'm keeping my eyes peeled, looking for one with most of the equipment, I can build a stand if I have to also haha.

If I don't get SW I'll go with FW, move everything over from my 45 into it.

img_2637618_0_5dfdeefafe0cb88742c69c9d9f63fbd4.jpg

Keep those eyes peeled for sure!

Especially during holidays...like Christmas when people might be wanting to upgrade too. Or equipment on sale on Black Friday, etc.

Keep those eyes peeled for sure!

Especially during holidays...like Christmas when people might be wanting to upgrade too. Or equipment on sale on Black Friday, etc.

I don't know if I should laugh or be disturbed. Never eating oranges agian haha

Yep, when I find a good deal, I just got to convince the rents to let me get it haha. I have an ace up my sleeve for that

Back
Top Bottom