Setting up new 10 Gallon

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

fishfirst

Aquarium Advice Activist
I was just wondering I'm setting up my friends new 10 gallon aquarium, she wants inverts and one or two nano fish, not corals, but live rock. I know with water changes you can keep nitrates low, but what is the better filter to add to this setup?

Yes you can keep nitrates down with weekly water changes and getting a lot of live rock in the tank will really help as well. For a filter, I would go with a decent protein skimmer or at the very least, a refugium to help with nutrient export.

#15 or so LR anong with a good water change regiment like grimlock3000 stated, I think they would be fine as along as they do not overstock.
A skimmer would be a big plus.

I'm going to follow this discussion. I already have a 30 gal salt water tank. I have a 10 gal fresh water tank already cycled but I can't seem to get interested in any fish to put in there. I was wondering what I could do with a 10 gal sw tank. I still like the color of the yellow tail damsels. Maybe 1 of those and a shrimp?

Back
Top Bottom