Shrimp question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

10gal_nano

Aquarium Advice Addict
I'm starting a 10 gal nano reef and I was wondering if I could have a pistol shrimp/ goby pair and also a cleaner or sexy shrimp? Will the other shrimp fight with the pistol shrimp??? Thanks

In a 10 you should choose one or the other. There's just not enough real estate in a 10 for both. If the cleaner should wander by one of the burrows at the wrong time the pistol will kill it. The pistol in my 40 killed the 2 cleaners I had in with him and that was in a 40b.

I personally won't add any crabs to any of my tanks (pom pom and acro being the exception) as they have a habit of going rouge on me. Crabs are opportunistic feeders and will eat anything they can catch as they get larger. JMO though, but if you add one and things start to disappear they can be difficult to catch with out tearing apart the rock work

Ya there harmless, they can be tough to find with there nems though. I have one in my office pico that carried around a baby zoa polyp for about 6 months until the one nem he came with must of split.

Ok. I've heard they sting coral. That's funny about it carrying around a zoa

I don't think they sting the coral, and it's not really the crabs choice as the nem is actually alive. The only way mine bother the coral is when they crawl over my zoas to get to it's little perch

Back
Top Bottom