Skimmer or filter for BioCube's chamber #2 ?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

scala

Aquarium Advice Newbie
While setting up my BioCube 14 and trying to improve the water quality I looked at -and dismissed- Oceanic's own skimmer,

Tunze's Nano skimmer

TUNZE GmbH High-Tech Aquarium Technology: Catalog[predid]=-infoxunter050

and SubCurrent's filter

SubCurrent | Current What's Next

both of which could (?) fit chamber #2 of the BioCube 14.

Please sound in and give me your opinions/experiences on this. Am I getting overly analytical, is the stock filter sufficient, will these units fit and work their money's worth.... so many questions.

i use the oceanic skimmer... now that its dialed in it works perfect.

-Brad

[quote
]i use the oceanic skimmer... now that its dialed in it works perfect.

-Brad[/quote]

How did you "dial it in" ? Mine refused to work in a consistent manner.

it took me over 3 weeks... but i changed all the tubing. removed the check valve and always make sure your level doesnt rise to high or sink too low... sure it picks up a little water.. but i empty mine about once a week... sometimes twice and its usually 1/2 full of water... which isnt too bad... it still picks up the horrible mess.

-Brad

Thanks Brad.

Removing the valve eh? I thought about it but I couldn't figure out how to adjust for the correct bubbles level in the tube.

not the valve the check valve. try replacing your limiting valve also. it could be defective. or your air pump.. who knows. just a couple things to try.

-Brad

Back
Top Bottom