slowly bringing together a 2.5gal

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

blazeyreef

Aquarium Advice Addict
Well I was a retard and tried to take the black plastic trim or whatever it is... and well the tank got a huge major crack. Well after a whole case of epoxy to repair it I got it to not leak. (it prob. would have been easier to just buy another tank but oh well :rolleyes:)
anyways here it is with roughly 11-12 pounds of LR and an aquaclear 50 w/rubble :)
first pic is of the epoxy, the second is the first go, when it had less rock and an internal wisper filter, the last is it with the aquaclear with the new scape next to the 5gall...
I will prob. only have a few hermits in this thing for a long while... corals are just WAYYY out of my price range :)

Attachments

• familypic Christmas07 063.jpg
    familypic Christmas07 063.jpg
    94 KB · Views: 69
  • familypic Christmas07 066.jpg
    familypic Christmas07 066.jpg
    107.7 KB · Views: 67
  • familypic Christmas07 068.jpg
    familypic Christmas07 068.jpg
    103.5 KB · Views: 65
Cracks in glass run. The very tip of that crack will inch its way across the glass, epoxy or no epoxy. When it decides to go, you may - or may not - ever notice a leak.

Only bringing it up because paying to fix the water damage done by 2.5g of salt water will be faaaaaaarrrrr more than a new tank. Many times over.

I agree with Kurt... better safe then sorry...

Also, most LFS's will sell frags for pretty cheap... around 10 bucks or so. And with a 2.5 gallon, that is probably all you want anyways.

Good luck. :)

im wanting to start a SW about that size... what kinda filter and what kinda light do you have?? or does anyone recomend??

I have an aquaclear 50...but I took out the carbon and stuff and put LR rubble in there instead. The light is a cheap one I got on my 10gall, I actually light it with natural sunlight

I agree to, it might split more. I am curious on such a small tank, if the water pressure, movement, temp would cause it to crack further (I know these should all be stable). Heck I have a 10G I would give you just to avoid any future problems.

5.5gals are not available here :( or that is what I would have. BUT I am changing it over to my other 5gall that my betta is in and going to get a 3gall or so for him :) I would use a 10, or 20long gall if I had the space :) , If I am lucky I will get to set up another tank between the sizes of 10 and 20gallons but I want to make it FW, not SW... not yet LOL

Back
Top Bottom