Smallest angelfish for a biocube

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Shanetweedz

Aquarium Advice Freak
I am getting
1 YWG
2 occ clowns
1 angelfish

Is a flame angel ok in a 29 gallon biocube and if not is there any at all it is going to be a reef but my lfs is very well trusted and has a 100% guarantee they will not eat corals.

In all honesty you can never trust a angel. I had a coral beauty which are considered "reef safe." It was not, I started noticing my favorite Zoa colony missing chunks. I wouldn't take the chance, I know you probably like them, but I would stay awau

Smallest tank for even a dwarf angel is 55 gallons. So no you should not put one in a 29.

And if you like a boring fish that does nothing Yellow watchman goby is your choice. I had one and all it did was sit around my filter area.

What about a six line?

The two occs and YWG is near maxing out your tank, most definitely no angel (regardless of any videos you see of people who put them in bio cubes. I've seen videos of tangs in biocubes, but that does not in any way imply it is a good idea.) If you really want a dwarf angel you should at least be looking at a 40b, or even better a 55.

By the way, wasn't there a thread for this question already? I may be remembering wrong.

Also, it's not to say you can't have any fish beyond the occs and YWG, but you should provably only be looking at one or two more pretty small fish (not an angel.)

Alright I hope the YWG will not be boring I am also getting a pistol shrimp and if I did upgrade what is the absolute smallest angelfish?

Pygmy cherub or the flame back. Flame backs are notorious coral eaters though. Then flames and coral beauties are around the same size. Your lfs seems to be in the fish whispering business knowing 100% their dwarfs won't eat coral. There is no 100% safety when it comes to angels, more like 50/50

If so I can get a refund and they will replace lost corals + they keep there corals in there frag tanks for a month before they sell them

If only i could get a pink haddons carpet anemone for my occ clowns(deep sigh)

Pink carpets are just bleached red ones. They don't stay pink. They're also super $$$$ and I definitely wouldn't put one in that small of a tank

Back
Top Bottom