So disappointed

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Melissajk

Aquarium Advice Freak
This morning I lost my little clown fish. He jumped out of my tank. I had the cover on and there was one area where there was 1/4 inch opening on one side and he found it. I didn't think it would be possible to get through the opening. This is the 2nd time this has happened with a clownfish.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Screen door supplies and deer netting. You can make your own very effective top that won't inhibit gas exchange.

Im sorry for your loss. Agree with Mebbid. I recently lost may tailspot blenny...pretty sure he jumped and became a cat snack :-(
I ordered some clear mesh from BRS, and a window screen kit from Home Depot and made a screen top for my tank. It works great and the clear mesh doesnt block any light of the light.

My hubby is so smart. He got tubing and cut it down the center and it fits perfectly. No one is going to surf the carpet :D

Attachments

• 1391530853117.jpg
    1391530853117.jpg
    166.4 KB · Views: 101
  • 1391530869263.jpg
    1391530869263.jpg
    138.7 KB · Views: 102
The problem I see with that is that it is going to seriously inhibit gas exchange. You are going to want to keep a very close eye on any potential issues from that.

The back side is open, the area where the over flow pump and heater chamber Is. Do you think that would be enough ventilation.

The back side is open, the area where the over flow pump and heater chamber Is. Do you think that would be enough ventilation.

It's hard to tell. You will just have to keep an eye on pH and the reaction of fish.

This is probably a stupid question. If the aquarium is not properly vented could th ph get high. Is that wat I'm looking for. Or is it phosphates? I feel really

If the aquarium isn't properly vented it will cause a buildup of co2 which will make the water more acidic lowering pH. It could also potentially suffocate the fish.

Phosphates come from decaying organic matter such as fish poo and food.

Back
Top Bottom