Starting a new Nano Tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Viper23

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I currently have a 15 gallon nano tank that has been up and running for over a year now. I'm hoping to move everything into a 30 gallon tank for some more room and more fish. Everything is perfect right now with water parameters. My questions are how can I transport everything into the new tank, I want to use my existing sand, live rocks and water and just add to it. What would the process be to do this? Thanks for all the help

I would just skip re using the sand. Setup up the larger tank with new sand and just transfer over all your rock and equipment from the smaller tank. Just keep an eye on your parameters for the next week or two and everything should go pretty smoothly. You could also clean the old sand and dry it out so you have some spare for a new project or if you just wanna add it to your New tank. Just make sure you clean it before re using it.

What about the water should I try to use all of it to keep parameters good?

Also should I add some extra biological filter like Dr. Tim's to help it through?

I don't believe in the bottled bacteria. The transfer should make it an instant cycle and as for the water as long as you've kept up on water changes and don't keep a really dirty tank everything being transferred over shouldnt effect it much just acclimate everything. When I moved I did re use some of my old water but it was more just to recycle some water since it all adds up but your water does not hold any of your beneficial bacteria if that what you are wondering.

Back
Top Bottom