Starting Up A Nano!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Well it wouldn't be a first choice, a think the sexy shrimp idea was a good one. But if there has to be a fish let it be something small and suitable. A clown is way way too much for that tank.

Thanks Carey, that makes me feel better. ^^; On a side note, do you think that a single clownfish, a firefish and two blue-green chromis could go in a 29g biocube, and would they all get along?

Just to throw it out there...would a sea apple be possible? Sounds like we will have to focus on the reef part of it....I don't have a problem naming mushrooms:)

sea apples are awesome but I would NEVER put on in a nano. Not only would they be way too big, they will crash tanks when they die if they are not removed asap.

Yikes, in that case we will be visiting them at the fish store. Not happening. Are anemones possible? All the fun is being taken out of our cute little 6g:(

Probably not. The tanks looks like a biocube type tank and I wouldn't chance it under the lighting.

Sorry you're running into troubles with your dream tank. Nanos are much harder to keep for a lot of reasons, the limited stocking is only one of them. It's going to be a gorgeous tank though. Hopefully it's getting you excited for something bigger ;)

The fish you listed I feel would be fine in a 29 cube. I plan on 3 teeny gobies, my scooter and maybe a clown or two. maybe on the pair of clowns

Thanks Flake, the tank is a Nano cube 6g. Do you have any thoughts of what we CAN put in it. You are stomping on me tonight! I have no doubt that it will be beautiful (patience and time will only tell) and lead us to bigger and better things!

The fish you listed I feel would be fine in a 29 cube. I plan on 3 teeny gobies, my scooter and maybe a clown or two. maybe on the pair of clowns

Is a clownfish going to be happy alone? if not, then I'd want to get two...

I would only get a pair or none. :) it didn't come out like I meant it to. lol

Just depends on my other clowns, I have 2 other pairs. I may have to move one set into my cube

Ah okay... I dunno. If I were to do it it'd be far, far in my future, but I'm in love with the chromis at my LFS.

I think it would make an absolutely amazing shrimp tank. I've actually be debating turning my biocube into a harlequin shrimp tank. The only catch with them is they eat starfish, but it's a gorgeous shrimp.

As far as fish, i'd think you could maybe get away with a clown goby. Little yellow guy. Then just stuff the tank with really cool ricordias and zoanthids. I think it would look amazing.

I think it would make an absolutely amazing shrimp tank. I've actually be debating turning my biocube into a harlequin shrimp tank. The only catch with them is they eat starfish, but it's a gorgeous shrimp.

As far as fish, i'd think you could maybe get away with a clown goby. Little yellow guy. Then just stuff the tank with really cool ricordias and zoanthids. I think it would look amazing.

:agree:

Clown gobies are great small fish to add to a nano tank. Brightly colored and have great personality

I would only get a pair or none. :) it didn't come out like I meant it to. lol

Just depends on my other clowns, I have 2 other pairs. I may have to move one set into my cube
Admittedly while this is incredibly off topic, seeing how it's not related to this person's thread at all, I still feel there is some merit in noting that clowns do perfectly wonderfully singly and would not discount it if you could not have a pair. Of all the clowns i've owned, very few have been paired.

If I ever get a clown, I want one with coral and a few shrimp a peppermint goby, and a crew of hermit crabs in a 10g :)

Admittedly while this is incredibly off topic, seeing how it's not related to this person's thread at all, I still feel there is some merit in noting that clowns do perfectly wonderfully singly and would not discount it if you could not have a pair. Of all the clowns i've owned, very few have been paired.

SO OFF TOPIC!

Haha

Thanks again everyone...will be looking forward for more input as our tank grows:) ...but not too big!

Ok...so for all those who care we've added 2 more rocks:)

Starting to look more like a home:)

Attachments

• image-249867216.jpg
    image-249867216.jpg
    58.8 KB · Views: 213
  • image-22935622.jpg
    image-22935622.jpg
    53.2 KB · Views: 211
Thanks Carey...sounds like you really known your stuff! We are happy to be tank owners and appreciate all input:) Hopefully my bf will be coming home from work today with some more live rock! And then it's onto the corals and frags:)

Just make sure your tank is stable you don't wanna waste money on corals. :) also adding more lr now might cause an ammonia spike from die off so watch out for that. :)

Back
Top Bottom