Sudjestions for stocking and decorating my nano 5 G

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

T-2-T

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I set up a 5 G salt tank with coral sand and 4 pounds of live rock.....i was thinking of adding more live rock an anemome and a clown fish buh am open to other sudjestions.......ne ideas?

I am not a pro at S/W yet, however I don't think you can put an anemone in a 5 gal. tank. There are many kinds and maybe there is one you can but I dont think so. They are very difficult to keep along with needing very good lighting. I wouldn't even think of one in a bigger tank until the tank is well established and you really know what you are doing. I want one some day as well, but I am going to research and become more experienced first.

Is this your first S/W tank? If so, maybe inverts only to get the feel of it. I dont think a clownfish can go in a 5 gal either.

I would add another couple pounds of LR, and a few nice inverts.

The more experienced people will verify if I am correct or not.

There is also a sub-forum under the reef forum for nanos. People there can probably give you good ideas as well

I agree.

A 5 gallon is too small for fish, sorry. You could have a cool invert tank with that though, and possibly some zooanthids, but that would be it. No anemone.

Upgrade to a 20 gallon and your options are MUCH bigger.

Sorry, but tank size is very important. It will take daily maintenece to keep salinity correct. Also, a clownfish needs swimming room, and a anemone needs a well balanced tank (not one that flucuates in water chemistry alot, as a nano tank does) and alot of growing room.

btw, I'm moving this to the nano-reef forum.

Welcome to AquariumAdvice.com!!! :smilecolros: :smilecolros: :smilecolros:
The only fish i would even consider for that size tank is a clown goby. You mostly perch on rock and corals and are not big swimmers.

alright thanks guys for the info i think il stick to invertanks LR until i get somthing bigger

Good Luck T2 I am sure you will have many more adventures to come and this will give you a feel for what you want to do.

Good Luck and Welcome to AA

Back
Top Bottom