Suggestions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

carlB9

Aquarium Advice Regular
I'm down to 2 red leg hermits. I would like to get 2/3 more does anyone have any suggestion? I've been looking at Halloween hermits at my LFS and really like the look of them but I'm not sure if they are ok for my tank or not. I have a 6gal with a hammer a polyp a Gobbie and a cleaner shrimp. Also some snails.

Hermits will kill snails and each other. Unless they are starving to death, this is what's happening. buying more will just run you into the same situation in a short while.

Mr. X can you suggest other things for cleanup crew?

Water changes, and good filtration to keep your params in check is all you need to keep a tank clean. Cuc is really more for personal preference

You don't really need a clean up crew. This was just something created for marketing livestock. What do you need cleaned? If there is uneaten food on the sand bed, you need to increase flow and perhaps cut back feeding.
Now if you just want some cool critters to look at, I would mix it up a bit. A couple skunk cleaner shrimp, an emerald crab or two...even an arrow crab is pretty cool to watch.

Thanks to both of you. I think I'm just looking for some things my son and wife would like to look at.

Back
Top Bottom