Taken a Crack At it 1.5 Gallon

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Just get a small HOB filter. It will have enough power and suction to create a sufficient downward flow. I'm thinking a nice little LED strip will make great lighting for the tank to.
I was looking for one today at Petsmart the smallest they have is for a 10 gallon tank...As for LED lighting sounds good... Where would I find something like that you think Home Depot?:bowl:

Sounds Good looks like a Aqua-Clear Would be my choice I probably would just added LR Rubble nothing else.... I just need Flow.... Lighting how many Watts Should I be good with 15watts?

The wattage thing is kind of thrown out the window. I would imagine a 15w compact fluorescent would be sufficient though.

I don't think 15W would be enough. I run 26W (2x13W PC) on my FW planted tank. catalina aquariums carries the fixture - either in 10" or 12" dimensions.

For filters, I run this on my FW 2.5g.

I don't think 15W would be enough. I run 26W (2x13W PC) on my FW planted tank. catalina aquariums carries the fixture - either in 10" or 12" dimensions.

For filters, I run this on my FW 2.5g.

Good info on the Lighting :D.... Nice!!! I Definitely be getting one I already saw which one I want 8inch 2x13watts Great.... As for the filter it's cheap but i found one with Cheaper Shipping on Ebay nano Made by Red Sea

Red-Sea-Deco-Art-Nano-Mini-Aquarium-Fish-Filter-Clear_W0QQitemZ200250102588QQcmdZViewItem

Ive used that red sea one too, works just fine - pretty much identical to the palm I linked

I probably Should of asked.... Do i have to worry about cycling? it's all Cured rock from my 55 g just wondering if I need an ammonia Spike? I will check out my reading in a few more days just to see what my parameters are.... Let me know

Thanks;

Good Stuff... Hopefully everything will turn out ok? Any Idea for small Anemonie? I know Aiptasia But I might remove some like rock since it's 2 Gallons I might have about 7LBS of LR in there which I would cut down 2 4LBS only Should be good..... Especially to make room....

after reading this it makes me want to start one of these up so bad. i am definatly going to keep my eye out for a little tank. i have a 5 gal already at home so maybe i will turn that into a nano. thank you for the inspiration

after reading this it makes me want to start one of these up so bad. i am definatly going to keep my eye out for a little tank. i have a 5 gal already at home so maybe i will turn that into a nano. thank you for the inspiration

Yeah I am excited about it... I think I am more excited than my daughter... I'll update more in the next few days

You really aren't going to find any nems that will fit in there happily. Decided on your stocking besides your CUC?

Duh Brain Fart!!!! Well I eliminated Two Pretty good Size pieces of LR so I have room for fish to rome I have exactly 5.5 LBS of LR in me tank which is great....But of Course a CUC wouldn't be Much I am thinkin of a Sexy Shrimp or a Neon Goby or maybe Both? If possible

Sexy shrimp would be good....how about this for a goby, they are relatively small:
Saltwater Aquarium Fish for Marine Aquariums: Hi Fin Red Banded Goby
But it still may be a stretch for such a small tank.
You might want to go with inverts only....

Nice!!!... Yes Sexy would be a Good Pick up.... But the Hi-Fi Banded Would be a Good addition.... Maybe I would add him first if he looks un happy I will just give him a Bigger home...;).... But in any case Right now just sitting back and making sure my parameters are ok before adding anything yet.... I was thinking about trying to merge my 2 gallon with the 55 gallon but I might just hold of for now and see how this is going to work first.... :)

Back
Top Bottom