Tank's 10G Nano Build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tank2379

Aquarium Advice Addict
Here is my 10G Nano Build since I got one going on RC I thought I put one on here, Well I am going to use this one to house and grow out some Zoanthids and Some Chalics since and some LPS if any, I also will get a pair of Blue Strip Pipfish becasue this little system is going to be loaded with Pods I may even two pairs or Red Mandarins, they are awesome but that would be later down the road when the tank is more established and ready. But here are some pictures of my progress.

I started out drilling my out tank. with a 35mm drill bit, I am using a 3/4 inch bulkheads on all...
img_1120095_0_af156cc9cb897fae80706b287607b28e.jpg

On 5/30/2010 I worked on my Sump it is also going to be a 10G tank that I am going to use. On your left is going to be the Overflow
img_1120095_1_bcb64515003016091ab14239fbbea3ba.jpg

To your right is going to be the Fuge it will be DSB loaded with Pods.
img_1120095_2_f16046077064b5f34f6081968e2729f5.jpg

Side view and some of my Plumbing Skills...LOL
img_1120095_3_d0330678faf8c1f7193f407722a86a9b.jpg

I was only able to complete the overflow side at the moment.
img_1120095_4_b331d916b2fa8b9be1d51d1fe6383dd9.jpg

The 150W MH fixture from fishneedit.com
img_1120095_5_ced5c9507280f6b91b14ad01a23aabb5.jpg

Leveled out the tank and fired up the new lighting system.
img_1120095_6_2016eb86a1615f9e89ce971c2afb5847.jpg

and here is the reason the return was not completed Snapped the output nozzle on the return pump don't know my own strength, but this is a Panworld 10PX 180GPH
should be somewhat effective but I will still have to a Nano pump.
img_1120096_0_322606fc21330eb020e6a41d5ab4090c.jpg

For now I am at a stand still waiting for a new Front casing from Premium Aquatics Jeremy has it on order for me... Thank God for there Great Customer Service...

More Picture and updates coming soon....

Sick. Will be following Tank.

How do you like that fishneedit light? I love mine. I've got the same one.

Awesome Tank. Look forward to it's continuation. BTW do you intend to get EITHER Pipefish or Mandarins or both? Because four fish in a 10G is way overstocked. I'd even venture that two Mandarins is too much. Maybe stay with two Pipefish. :)

Sick. Will be following Tank.

How do you like that fishneedit light? I love mine. I've got the same one.

Thanks.... It's pretty cool. I like it it was cheap and recommended by a fellow reefer on RC... But it's built great for the price... I take it you got the 20K bulb?

Awesome Tank. Look forward to it's continuation. BTW do you intend to get EITHER Pipefish or Mandarins or both? Because four fish in a 10G is way overstocked. I'd even venture that two Mandarins is too much. Maybe stay with two Pipefish. :)

Either or the two Pipefish are fairly small they stay about an inch to 3 inches so adding another 2 pair of fish would be pushing it but I will have a nice size Nano Skimmer, it would come from china directly but it's worth it... Take a Look it's a Mini Super Reef Octopus...

Aqua Excel AE Mini Cone Skimmer

Nice skimmer! I'll always lean to the understocking side on tanks like 10Gs because they just look full in terms of fish. :)

But also I doubt there will ever be enough pods from a 10G refugium to feed 4 pod eating fish.

Tank, it is a great fixture for its price. And actually.. i waited a couple months just to make sure i got the 14k bulb. They didn't have them in stock for a while.. but i wasn't going to go with a 20k bulb.. too blue for me. Their bulb anyways.

But yeah, great light.

Nice skimmer! I'll always lean to the understocking side on tanks like 10Gs because they just look full in terms of fish. :)

But also I doubt there will ever be enough pods from a 10G refugium to feed 4 pod eating fish.

They will be train to eat prepared foods as well... I had two Green Spotted Mardarin that I trained to eat prepared foods as well as pellets, Also I have created a swarm of Pods in my 72G fuge so I can guarantee there would be enough pods for everyone... :)

Yeah I was thinking about getting the 14K just in case I did not like the 20K look.... Which bulb did you get?

Depending on when you choose to add fish, you may not have to train them if you go the mandarin route. ORA is going to be releasing captive bred, frozen trained mandarins, I found out thanks to cmor and can't wait. Tagging along, I think this will turn out pretty cool.

Oh yeah I red about that... I can't wait either I really like the Red Mandarins...

Red's are nice, I like the spotteds the best though. I'm going to grab a male when they are for sale, and if I ever upgrade to a bigger tank, I'll grab a pair of scooters too. Are you going to stuff a little LR and macro in the fuge, or just a dsb?

I got me a 14000k bulb. I have to say.. it's an extremely crisp white. I love the color.

Red's are nice, I like the spotteds the best though. I'm going to grab a male when they are for sale, and if I ever upgrade to a bigger tank, I'll grab a pair of scooters too. Are you going to stuff a little LR and macro in the fuge, or just a dsb?

Yeah I am going to put some LR an Macro in it.... :cool:

Build still hold until I get the front casing for my return pump hopefully soon... Have it on order from Premium Aquatics.

Back
Top Bottom