temperature

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I ran mine around 80-82 during my cycle. The bacteria like it a little warmer (85 if you wanted to do it - but you risk any hitchhikers you might have) and it can help speed up your cycle a bit.

do not want any hitchhickers, really not in a hurry...gotta get some more cash up my sleeve. Once it cures do I have to put somthing in there right away? CUC first to get rid of the remains of the shrimp?

You'll want to get something in there pretty quick that will produce some amount of waste to keep from completely starving the bacteria to the point where you lose your cycle. CUC and a fish or two would be my recommendation.

Periodically check your levels to make sure it goes through the proper spikes. Its really just for your sake of mind when you go to add that first fish, you know it is completely cycled. You can add a CUC right away, but if you cycled your rock in a tank other then your DT, you can just feed the cycle tank every couple days, like a half or quarter cube of food, depending on tank size.

DT stands for Display Tank - it just means the main display portion of your system - the pretty part that you look at, not the sump or other equipment stuff.

Back
Top Bottom