The Bio Cube 29 Information Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
22engine said:
Sorry I will get it up I have been working a lot and haven't had time to take it out for pics. I'm on a 34 hour shift but will make sure to do it when I get off. I use a piece a filter floss were the charcoal was but soon to have chemi pure there. In the media basket will have

Filter floss
Purigen
Phosguard

Fuge is two pieces of live rock rubble and chaeto.

Sorry for the delay

Pictures will help whenever you get a chance!

Is it possible to do frogspawn amd hammer coral on stock lights?

Hondanation09 said:
Light workIng...had to take out bulb, flip it and it worked. But mp-10 is dead and they need tO ship replacement. Frustrating start

Oh man! Sorry to hear that. I'm guessing you tried to unplug it all that stuff right? Mine did that once and I flipped but I called the tech and unplugged it all and then it worked. Kinda like a master reset.

Oh man! Sorry to hear that. I'm guessing you tried to unplug it all that stuff right? Mine did that once and I flipped but I called the tech and unplugged it all and then it worked. Kinda like a master reset.

ya did the master reset then they tried to reset dry side by removing it from wet and operating it by itself. They guided me through a few tests and no dice...it would work then resort back to flashing red and green everytime and it would stop. Sucks...but kinda seems like the have heard it before. In the meantime I replaced stock pump with MJ1200 and threw the stock pump in there as well to get some extra circulation in the meantime.

Oh well...at least it did not die when I had fish/coral etc.

Lesson learned...have back ups so I think I will get some koralia 425s.

OK. In the meantime I am using a koralia 425 and 240 for circulation and of course replaced stock pump with MJ 1200. I figure when i get mp-1- back I will ditch 1 for use in water changes. Anyways when I did first test using API, here are my results:

img1549x.jpg

Am I losing it or does this tank look cycled? This is beginning of day 3 and 3rd day of dosing with Seachem Stability.

Also, here's the tank so far:

img1550zn.jpg

http://img32.imageshack.us/img32/6452/img1554f.jpg

http://img201.imageshack.us/img201/7038/img1553cz.jpg

http://img844.imageshack.us/img844/1998/img1552gu.jpg

http://img585.imageshack.us/img585/6929/img1551rv.jpg

http://img840.imageshack.us/img840/2121/img1550q.jpg

Sand to come. Huy at LFS (incredible aquariums...london ontario canada) said waiting is best bet so you can let any unwanted stuff accumulate on bottom and then take that junk out. Then put sand in sealed zip locks and cut of hole in then so you can gentle spread out sand where needed. Sounds good to me.

What next if you guys think it has cycled? CUC? Or just wait some more?

What was your ammonia source? If you never got a spike in ammonia then you didnt cycle

Could live rock make this tank cycle without adding ammonia source? Therefore safe for cuc

I was told there would b ammonia spike with lr at first then the cycle. I added sea hem stability with lr...so your saying not possible without adding dead shrimp or fish food?

I used a raw shrimp and with 25 pounds of live rock and 30+ pounds of live rock my tank cycled pretty fast. You do need an ammonia source.

Tank looks good btw...

Hondanation09 said:
Fish food? Blood worms etc? Once per day ok?

Fastest way is uncooked shrimp in a net bag so it's easy to remove.

Ok ...so I have 0 ammonia 0 nitrites and looks like 10 nitrates. If I put cuc or fish they will die? Has nothing to do with quality of live rock? Lfs says is possible depending on what was living on rock that shrimp may not b necessary? Little confused. If I add cuc or fish and am showing 0 ammonia nitrites and some nitrates, how would I b endangering anything with these reading?

Is it that wrong type of nitrates? Need to develop longer?

What would b the difference from someone adding rock from existing aquarium to start new one...would they not have fast cycle?

IMHO you could add a few snails,some hermits and a emerald crab if you want to. This is what I did. Right or wrong it worked. Your feeding the tank with food so they will eat it and cause waste which will give you added ammonia.

I threw in a small CUC to battle diatoms an it worked 10 fold.

I see nothing wrong with doing that. I'd wait for fish IMO though.

Agree on no fish just trying to understand why I would add dead shrimp when I already show nitrates and no ammonia or nitrites...that's why I was thinking clean up crew. Is it possible this sachem stability actually works ? Or just live rock or combination of the 2?

Hondanation09 said:
Agree on no fish just trying to understand why I would add dead shrimp when I already show nitrates and no ammonia or nitrites...that's why I was thinking clean up crew. Is it possible this sachem stability actually works ? Or just live rock or combination of the 2?

I only suggested it cause that's what a lot of people use that to cycle some people have luck with added products like what u added. You should be ok just watch the parameters.

Sharkbait54 said:
Pictures will help whenever you get a chance!

All right guys here are some pics. Not really great cause I can't take the fuge all the way out. But you can see how all I did was run the airline down into the fuge area and i have the light on in the back

image-4072736688.jpg

image-4085623545.jpg

image-1712427823.jpg

Looks like It to me. Get that sucker. Apistia X or you can boil lemon Juice.

its hard to get at without moving rocks...also some small white ones i think...too soon 4 peppermint shrimp or 2?

do you have to actually pierce it or just hit it?

Back
Top Bottom