The Bio Cube 29 Information Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Lessa99 said:
Hey Friends, I am in the process of building my biocube stand, so it shouldn't be too terrible long before I get everything else up and running!

My main question is, what can I use on the splash guard to my it clear again?!? It is really foggy and Im wondering if there is a product that I can use to buff out the foggy look...?

All help is appreciated!

Thanks Friends,

Lessa

Try a vinegar and water solution

Masoniac said:
I heard that model get hot and you need a chiller

A small clip on fan blowing across the top of the water is usually enough. Audiew on here I'm sure will chime in he has one

It can run hot but so can the regular BC. I had to float frozen bottles of water in my tank one day and that was with the AC on. Those little tanks are great as I have one but you need to mindful of the heat.

Convict2161 said:
It can run hot but so can the regular BC. I had to float frozen bottles of water in my tank one day and that was with the AC on. Those little tanks are great as I have one but you need to mindful of the heat.

I'm looking into the JBJ 28gallon nano cube quad power compact bulb aquarium it comes with a 105 watt bulb

Masoniac said:
I heard that model get hot and you need a chiller

I haven't had any issues with over heating. My AC is on 75 degrees. My tank is at 79. I leave a fan on in the room at all times and never have had an issue with overheating. Overall a great product, one thing I will say is that you basically just have an on off switch and I want to be able to replicate sun up, sun down, and lunar. So if you wanna be able to do that then its not the best option, but overall works great and my coral have really responded well to the light so I'm satisfied.

Anyone with an MP10 on the cube... What mode do you have your's set too? I tried the short pulse to get the wave which did bread without the return pump on, but it seems that my return disrupts any patterns that I'm trying to create.

TLTGF said:
Anyone with an MP10 on the cube... What mode do you have your's set too? I tried the short pulse to get the wave which did bread without the return pump on, but it seems that my return disrupts any patterns that I'm trying to create.

MP10 here! I have it set to lagoon mode at 70% everything is doing well. The MP is located on left side if looking at tank, and about half way down the tank. Been set like that for about 2-3 months now and I love it and apparently my corals and fish do too!!

Best thing I've bought for the tank!! Well almost the best thing lol. Love my fish and corals.

I'm butting in. I read the whole thread and understand everything but one issue. I have the JBJ 28 gallon compact. Someone mentioned knocking out the bottom of the sump with a screwdriver. Am I understanding this? I vacuum the sump every month, but the area beneath the sump is full of particulates that I can't get to to vacuum. If I do get it knocked out, will the filter basket fit properly or will I have to jury rig it and the skimmer, too, so that they don't slide too deep? :ermm::confused:

TLTGF said:
So your's is on the same side as return... Interesting.

Yes it's on the same size. Here's an old video of my tank with the MP10 but I've changed the mode and have added and changed around corals.

I'm gonna do a new video probably today or tomorrow. I'll post in here.

AquaTricia said:
I'm butting in. I read the whole thread and understand everything but one issue. I have the JBJ 28 gallon compact. Someone mentioned knocking out the bottom of the sump with a screwdriver. Am I understanding this? I vacuum the sump every month, but the area beneath the sump is full of particulates that I can't get to to vacuum. If I do get it knocked out, will the filter basket fit properly or will I have to jury rig it and the skimmer, too, so that they don't slide too deep? :ermm::confused:

Of inTank makes the media basket, fuge etc for your tank the jbj nano then your gonna wanna knock out the false floors.

I just hit the chambers with a turkey baster when I do water changes. But my DT is always clear.

Convict2161 said:
Yes it's on the same size. Here's an old video of my tank with the MP10 but I've changed the mode and have added and changed around corals.

I'm gonna do a new video probably today or tomorrow. I'll post in here.

I've seen the video before - certainly has flow. I was attempting to produce the wave / effect of the corals getting tossed both ways, not just a variable pattern. However, i know both will work fine.

I changed mine to lagoon, but since it's an Angler tank, I'm at a much lower flow rate of about 40%. I think that's really my issue. At higher output I can easily dial in a wave, but when I reduce the flow, the return flow disrupts the pattern. Either way, I like it.

Thanks for input.

Well, so far I haven't really gotten my "build" off the ground! Between working full time and taking full time classes, I am beat. Maybe it is because of lack of sleep, but I can not figure out how to build my stand! My measurements always end up being off! I am not a super handy dude, but am learning as I go!

If anyone can help me come up with some concrete PLANS or INSTRUCTIONS to help me build this stand, I would be most grateful!

Thanks Friends!

Is there no skilled craftsmen in here? I have seen some beautiful stands built here, so can I get some help?!?

Lessa99 said:
Is there no skilled craftsmen in here? I have seen some beautiful stands built here, so can I get some help?!?

Sorry I just bought the stock stand and it was already put together from the store.

I would do that as I have already spent a lot on supplies, but I can't find the stand anywhere local, and the shipping would kill me... I may have to just do it though if none of the craftsmen can help me out!

I wish I could help. I know the dimensions are.

Double door BioCube 29 Stand (approx. 21 1/4 " x 20-1/2" x 28-3/4" high)

Some 2x4's and plywood, wood stain and your off to a good start. Make some shelves and door?

Can't be too hard. If your not a real good DIY kinds guy a home depot will cut all wood to specs.

Just a thought.

Cool, thanks for the dimensions of the stand Convict, since Im having all my problems with measuring, I think Ill round them all up to full inch marks!

Lessa99 said:
Cool, thanks for the dimensions of the stand Convict, since Im having all my problems with measuring, I think Ill round them all up to full inch marks!

Glad I could help!

Back
Top Bottom