The LR has landed!!!! (w/pics)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JamesR

Aquarium Advice Freak
First of all, my hat is off to liverocks.com, their customer service is UNBELIEVEABLE!!!!!!!!! I have NEVER had such a positive customer service experience.

I ordered 20 lbs of keys rock and 15 lbs of rubble. The rock will mostly go into my nano, with the leftover going into my 125.

Here are the pics.

img_347147_0_48b503c9731d52b420d34992b8517ae0.jpg

img_347147_1_2b525783c39ba3d05d7436a699e386f0.jpg

img_347147_2_8c696ebd5c2324e1ac5d9d3bd886c1e1.jpg

Found a few hitchickers, here is one.......anyone know what this is?
img_347147_3_ec41222f0cfa47214f00f33e7f7786be.jpg

I am already seeing featherdusters, and other neat stuff. I couldn't be happier with my purchase and would like to thank the folks at liverocks.com for the beautiful rock!!!!!!!!!!!! :D :D :D :D :D

Time to go back and finish aquascaping.

Jim

That looks like a banded brittle star, but the pic. is a little fuzzy.

Also congrats on the live rock. :mrgreen:

I picked up some pep. shrimp and some crabs and a featherduster today. Their getting acclimated now. Again, will post some pics tonight when all is setup and the water is nice and clear.

img_347320_0_bc8021e22bab8d00faca80d31c0a8282.jpg

Jim

RLG2182 said:
Heyyyyy... that nano looks good! I should really pick up one of those. Where did you get it? Places online to get them cheap? How much? :mrgreen:

Thanks! You can get different ones (depending on how much you'd like to spend.) I'd personally recommend the deluxe JBJ nanocube. it has 48 watts of light and can be found on ebay for $150. I went with nanocustoms.com for mine and spent more $, but got some upgrades (72 watts of light on mine).

FWIW, i put some rio 90 PH behind the water intake which keeps them out of sight and it works nicely. In a page from Lando's book, I used lr rubbe in my filter area and placed the heater back there as well.

Jim

He probably could write one with the knowledge that he possesses about this hobby! Just a figure of speech (wanted to give credit where credit is due.)

Jim

Thanks for the complements. :D I'm very happy with how things have begun. I have a small frag of green star polyps and a featherduster and 2 small pepperment shrimp in there thus far. (the shrimp POLISHED off the aipstasia that was on the lr on the first day!) My co-worker is giving me some xenia next weekend from her 55 gal reef setup.

Lando has given me a few ideas for fish, will likely put a purple firefish or yellow clown goby in.

I'm open for ideas from folks out there as to what else would work well for a novice reefer with my setup. (something with med light req that will do well in the small space) FWIW, i have 72 watts of light & about 23lbs of LR.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.
Jim

Back
Top Bottom