There is something wrong with my mini anemone??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Zeroblake

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hello reefers, and good night to everybody..!! My issue to this night is about my last mini maxi anemone, last couple days lost one of my beauties, i don't know what exactly happened but a night before like every week i feed my corals including my anemones, and they was just fine, it ate all the piece of scallop, and the next day when I came back from my job, I check the tank same as always and I got notice than I did not saw one of them, I start to looking around the tank but did not find it, until I checked the filter the anemone was there , well the rest of it! I don't know what happened i did not find the answer yet, and because of that my other one, is acting strange I upload a pictures from this one, and really looks weird , this one has been doing that since a 3 or 4 days ago!! I will like if some one have or had the same problem with this type of anemone !! Thank you reefers!! Have a great night!!

2nd photo. I don't know what happened I added this pictures in my post!!

image-21092654.jpg

Me personally I would do a good water change using a turkey Baster or some thing to worlwind the water sounds like what happen to me. I had a huge long tentical that got sucked into a power head and ground half of it up. With a lot of care the nem lived but my tank went to hell with all the decomposing bits

Well when I bought them, the anemones never moved to another spot, they stayed in the same place than I placed it before, but a week or so, one of them I believe than just moved or simply died , i don't know the night than I come back from my work I saw than one of them was lots I thought than was between the rocks but the anemone was in the outline of the filter,I couldn't save it , and the other one as a pictures shows is acting weird , looks like if needs to moved from the its main spot, but just try to reach light but theres a lot of light on that side of the aquarium !! That's why I choose that side!!

You really can't choose where an anemone will be. They move around until they are satisfied (as satisfied as something without a brain can be).

You really can't choose where an anemone will be. They move around until they are satisfied (as satisfied as something without a brain can be).

I know that rule!! But since that I have them they never moved to another spot, and that was 4 or 5 months ago, I think if this mini anemones doesn't like that spot i completely sure that it will move it to find their good spot!! Thanks

I know that rule!! But since that I have them they never moved to another spot, and that was 4 or 5 months ago, I think if this mini anemones doesn't like that spot i completely sure that it will move it to find their good spot!! Thanks
Then they liked the tank up until this incident. Something has changed.

Back
Top Bottom