Thinking of 12-14 gallon nano, need help!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

wmitchell96

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I am looking into getting some sort of BioCube nano tank. I have successfully kept a 29 gallon freshwater and am looking to take the next step into saltwater. I think a FOWLR tank would be best as my first saltwater (possibly going full reef later), and I am wondering if it is necessary to buy a Coralife Biocube or something like this JBJ-USA Aquarium Products just to keep a FOWLR tank. Also, if I do buy one of those above, what else would I need to purchase?

Thanks for any help!!

No an aio tank is not necessary but they will work. If you go that route I would look into a media basket from inTank and ditch the stock filtration. You can look into a skimmer if you want but not necessary if you keep up on water changes. I would recommend looking into an ro/di unit because water quality is extremely important in sw

If I wanted to go full reef, what else would I need other than potential skimmer, ro/di, and an upgraded filter? Would I need to upgrade lighting or buy a power head? Thanks for any help :)

Yes you would definitely need to upgrade lighting and add a power head and probably want to upgrade from the stock return pump (not sure on the options for that as I haven't ever run an aio)

If you have a small aquarium, you can just buy distilled water and use that. For my 10 gallon FOWLR, I just bought two powerheads, a heater, lights, and live rock.

Back
Top Bottom