Thinking of a nano

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

AbsoluteFaye

Aquarium Advice Addict
So the past few days I've been thinking about starting a nano tank with my tax return. Lol. Was interested in a bio cube 29. Main question is I know it "comes with everything" but does anyone have one and find any accessories not equip enough for a reef tank? Did anyone find they absolutely had to ungrade anything in the kit? I ready have a 75 gal mixed reef so I already know saltwater, just not too familiar with nanos. Also is there any other nano full serious that anyone can recommend? Not a Red Sea max. Wanna keep this under $500 lol. I'd go slightly bigger if needed but no more than around 36 gallons. Thanks in advance!

depend on which version of bc29 you getting, as one of them comes with MH and the other only stock PC.
The PC is not enough for reef tank and you will need to add a powerhead inthe tank to make the flow a bit stronger.
The chamber at the back can be use for other stuff. You can be creative, I had tried to use the middle chamber for a small refugium. I wouldn't use the bioballs at the middle chamber.

I was going to add a small PH anyway, just wanted to make sure everything else would be sufficient. I gotta do a little more research on the tank I think. Thank you so much!

Hey Dino! Don't mock me! Lol. I've heard really mixed reviews about the BC29 so I wanted real experiences. Shush up! Haha. Thanks for the link!

Hey Dino! Don't mock me! Lol. I've heard really mixed reviews about the BC29 so I wanted real experiences. Shush up! Haha. Thanks for the link!

Haha never would I mock you ;)

There a great all in one IMO. but do your own thing. Your no stranger to the salty side so I'm sure you'll figure something out. If ya have any questions on the cube lemme know. Hopefully that thread will answer some of them.

Happy hunting!!

Yeah except I just spend the few hundred dollars i was going to use on a nano on a HUGE favia rock, large welso, rock nem, and 4 new T5 bulbs.... Fail. I still might buy one though. :)

Yeah except I just spend the few hundred dollars i was going to use on a nano on a HUGE favia rock, large welso, rock nem, and 4 new T5 bulbs.... Fail. I still might buy one though. :)

Take it slow then... After all Rome wasn't built in a day right? But if your anything like me ya want it yesterday!!

:)

Can't post a link because I was using my amazon app but on amazon I searched Biocube 29 and the reviews are 50/50.

Don't always believe what ya read ;)

Wait... Then that would mean don't always believe what I write lol.

What are they saying? I know the filtration isn't ideal but with a few quick and easy mods, problem solved. Flow is up to par although you can upgrade to a MJ1200(cobalt) return pump.

Lights are to less to be desired also. The HQI would be better IMO but then there are heat issues with both really.

So.... In short, it's really up to you. All in ones are great IMO, BUT... A plain rimless cube isn't bad either. You'd just be buying everything from scratch.

Also and I promise I shut up lol. It really comes down to what your planning on keeping and since your not new to saltwater you can pretty much figure out what you'll need or... Not need.

I want an angler. That's it. It's my fav fish. I could probably just buy a 29 gal tank but a setup is just easier. I just really want a cute little angler fish. :) I'm so lame but that's the main reason for the nano.

I want an angler. That's it. It's my fav fish. I could probably just buy a 29 gal tank but a setup is just easier. I just really want a cute little angler fish. :) I'm so lame but that's the main reason for the nano.

Just an angler. Then a BC29 would be just fine IMO, no corals just live rock, sand and your angler. There's a thread here on the forum I believe about a 29 gallon angler tank.

I say go for it. I love those guys. At my LFS I take my hand and tap the water surface and watch it throw out its fishing pole (that's what I call it) neat little things.

Back
Top Bottom