Thinking of doing ten gallon nano reef

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
First page 3rd post is a link to my friends 10 gallon reef. 1 AC110, 1 nano 425 for flow. 2 Par30's and a light for the fuge.

Thanks but I can't take credit for it. I just helped set it up. Maintaining it etc is all him and his wife.

Consider a Marineland Eclipse 12 - basic fluorescent light won't be great for advanced corals, but will be OK for easier stuff. Integrated filter works great and system is really cheap right now - about $110.00 from Amazon gets it shipped to your door!

Add a small heater ($15) and a small power head ($20) and you're in business! If budget allows I'd recommend a 2nd heater and power filter. Use the spares in a 5 or 10 gallon bucket for prepping water a day in advance for weekly water change. This will help keep water consistency.

You can go broke with live rock - I'd suggest cheaper base rock with some live rock to get started. You don't need to spend a fortune on this hobby - but you can!

Look at Marineland Eclipse 12 - about $110 on Amazon (includes basic shipping!). All you will need for basic SW is heater ($15) and small power head ($20).

If budget allows get 2nd heater and PH - they make for much easier water changes. Use spare equipment in a clean bucket a day before each change.

Go slow with adding fish and easy corals ( this lighting won't work with nems or other high light creatures)

Good luck and try not to spend too much!!

Here is a fun little saying to go by...

A reef tank is like a sports car. The faster you go the harder you will crash.

That is very true..gettin ready to go from 5gal to a 8 gal cube(aqueon,couldnt afford a jbj 6 gal or a 14biocube) will b making some mods...will definately upgrade light...i know to xpect a mini cycle(using all sand rock,etc from 5 gal plus adding more rock...)also have brightwell product to help cycle..only 2occupants at moment...will also use medis too....;) what light do u suggest..clamp on for a rimless tank( lid will b replaced asap...) wish me luck hope will go as good as 10 gal..cant wait!!;) happy dance

So maybe I will read up in some books a while and save up and once I know I am knowlagble enough I will go ahead and start buying the stuff thank all you peeps so much (;

Back
Top Bottom