Tiny sea stars

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Zeroblake

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hello reefers, today after I made the water change I notice than something was moving between the zoa's polyps and I saw than was a little tiny sea stars , there is just 3 or 4 of them but i don't know if this organism are bad for my aquarium, and if this stars could hurts my corals they doesn't move to fast but their so stick to the live rock,

This tiny stars are black and white , does anybody has an issues with this things!!

Thank you

They are probably asterina stars. It's kinda up in the air on good or not from what I have heard but it seems a lot of people get them. I got ten or so on a rock with zoas, now 5 months later I probably have 40. They will go crazy but are kinda cool in my opinion. They do eat my coraline algae but it comes back, other than that I have seen no negative to having them. Here is a pic of mine to compare.

image-3084293782.jpg

This is after one split. It is the underside, I'd say google some pics and see if it matches.

Back
Top Bottom