Tmc microhabitat 30

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Wizard4s

Aquarium Advice Activist
Nano aquarium

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Hi, I have had my tmc micrihabitat 30 set up for 2 years now with great success, the light is powered by 4 3watt 10k Cree leds and 1 blue, I currently have a monitipora digitata growing very slowly at the top of the tank, I am looking to upgrade my light, does anyone have any recommendations I can purchase here in the UK?

Tmc microhabitat 30

Attachments

• 1406982836465.jpg
    1406982836465.jpg
    221.7 KB · Views: 90
Thank you , I will be adding some more sps corals soon, that's why I'm upgrading my lights, what do you think of the led on the eBay link above?

Looks good. I'm just starting up a rimless 30 as well. I am going to put a kessil on mine.

Fish are friends not food!

Cool a 30 litre or 30 gallon? Mines just 30 litres

A par38 from reefkoi.com would be good. I have one on my 10 gallon

Fish are friends not food!

Thanks I'll check it out

I would say that light you linked is way overpriced for its power. I have more light than that over my 10g fresh water planted tank ant it sits at medium light level. I would say look at a different fixture.

Finnex would be a good choice for someone on a budget. However, if you want a quality light then I would say go with Build My LED Custom LED Lights for DIY Horticulture Aquarium Hobby Lighting as they have some of the better LED light fixtures around.

Does BML ship overseas? Op you may want to check a local forum and see if they have links for good lights available over there.

My new spotted manderine, won't leave the strawberry conch alone lol great colours

Attachments

• 1407505291536.jpg
    1407505291536.jpg
    213 KB · Views: 71
  • 1407505309992.jpg
    1407505309992.jpg
    238.3 KB · Views: 69
Not to be rude, but that's a terrible fish choice for your tank. Mandi's need mature, large tanks since they don't have the same digestive system as most fish. The need to pretty much constantly be eating pods to survive. There is no way your tank can sustain it :(

He has been eating frozen brine shrimp for the last 2 months at my lfs, and they assure me he will be fine, they have the normal more colourful mandatines which they refused to sell me as the would only eat live food

Doesn't matter honestly, the amount of food you'd have to add daily (5-6x daily) will quickly foul you water quality, and should it ever revert back to it's natural diet, it would wipe your tank clean in less than a week. Mandi's are my favorite fish, but I've never owned one because I've never had a tank over 40 gal display, and IMHO you need over 100lbs of rocks to even have a chance at long term success with them. Not a fish that belongs in nanos, which is unfortunate as they are so beautiful.

A friend of mine has the same sort of size tank and mine and has had great success, kept one for over year so far. It can be done I've seen and heard lots of people who have kept them in nanos, I would never keep one that wasn't eating frozen food

Back
Top Bottom