True and False Percula in my nano

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

FishDaAx

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hey guys! First off, it's good to be back on the forum. Haven't been on in close to a year!

here is my question. I have a "true" Percula clown and I purchased a "false" Percula about a month later. They have since been in the same take together for the last 9 months. They don't fight with each other and sometimes swim together but most of the time they keep to opposite sides of the tank. Is this normal? Will they pair even though one is a true and the other is not?

If it matters I am running a innovative marine nuvo 20g and they are the only fish

Will add some pics so you can see the difference between them (taken with my iPhone so sorry if they are bad quality) thanks guys!ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1430167073.137761.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1430167098.904152.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1430167153.445451.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

This shouldn't be enough space for two different types of clowns to get along unless they have the territories squared away and can get away from each other. It might be ok for now, but I suspect it will end in tragedy at some point...be it one or both clowns.

Hey SniperHank thanks for the reply. So even tho they have been together for almost a year they could still end up fighting at some point. Also I just introduced a bubble anemone into the tank yesterday hoping they would host it together.

They are still damsels. They will get aggressive. That is if they are different types of clowns. I would want to suspect otherwise with such good behavior.
In terms of the anemone, make sure you have intense lighting to support it. Neither the clowns nor the anemone need each other to survive, but an anemone without strong lighting can kill it over time. Even hosting clowns can be stressful.

Yea i took lighting into consideration before I bought the anemone. My lights right now are doing fine it seems but I am upgrading to a new Kessil 160we with a controller within the next couple weeks

Both clowns are Perculas just that one is false and the other is true. From what I understand the only difference is tank raised vs wild. Is that correct?

Well that explains a lot! haha well now I know why they don't really hang out as much as I thought they would. And I always thought it looked more like an OC. Thanks for the help!

Back
Top Bottom