trying to decide

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Crittercaller

Aquarium Advice Regular
I am trying to decide as to what type of nano to do. I am very new to this part of the hobby. I can't decide on whether or not to go with a 28 gallon nano cube or start with a all glass aquarium in the 29 gallon cube. Is it easier and cost effective to go with the cube or the aquarium?I am just very nervous about managing a saltwater reef all of my aquariums in the past have been freshwater planted tanks (75, 55,and a 90 gallon) I am not very versed in the world of reef aquariums and want to do things correctly. Any advice would be greatly appreciated:)

I think you can find some really nice small nano cubes on craigslist for good deals. They have everything in the package, and its good equipment IMO. Also if you have that many tanks, the nano wont take up too much space

I would vote for the cube setup. Everything that you will need almost in oen package. :) You would only need to add a powerhead and heater.
My first SW tank was a standard 29g and I also have a 29g biocube.

Are the cubes tougher to take care of? I am just really nervous about failing in this arena.

Is it pretty much a plug and play? What brand do you guys reccomend? I am looking at the 29 gallon nano cube.

My first tank was the 15g bio cube. Then the 29g. The 29g was far easier to care for due to the added water volume. They're really all you need. Plug and play. Till you figure things out and want to expand. But still small enough that if you nuke the tank once or so it's not a complete loss.

Back
Top Bottom