Ultra pico challenge!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dingusplease

Aquarium Advice Addict
Hello, my good friends

I had an idea for a new thread. To promote the idea of nano reefing in general, we should create a thread devoted to the smallest tanks possible. Of course, most of these aren't legitimate stockable builds, but they don't have to be!

Anyways, post your favorite "Ultra-Pico" tank pics here, along with a few details if you feel like it.
Anything less than 0.25 gallons is fair. I can't wait to see what you guys come up with!

To start this off, here is a 20-drop extreme pico build, with an led lighting system, real live rock, sand, and water from my 3g reef. It took 3 hours to set up :) with glued-in rock and custom light fixture.

Tiny amount of sand, water, and a small live rock with I think a small zoa on it. All from my ten gal nano

I love the ultra pico look :). I've always liked small, compact ecosystems that are miniscule yet complex. It's why I started a pico reef.

Nice! Lol just wondering, do you have any plans for it? I see you have a zoa in there... If you really wanted to you could take out like a few drops every day and replace with tank water. So the zoa opened up under your lamp? That's so cool!

Yep. I might put it back in my tank. I didn't see it when I put the rock in. I have a different rock to put in it.

Yep. I might put it back in my tank. I didn't see it when I put the rock in. I have a different rock to put in it.

Yeah, I don't think I'll be keeping anything in a tank this small either. It does look cool just for a day or two though :)

Back
Top Bottom