Updated Photos!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mandarinlove

Aquarium Advice Activist
This is as of 10/24/10.

Yes I know, there is a hippo tang in there. I have had him in there for 2 months now and have had no problems. If you want to bash me for having it in there I understand. My wife loves the fish and I promised myself that if I saw it starting to have problems or overgrow the tank I will bring it back.

Please understand that I love this hobby and I would never do anything to harm a living creature.

Hope you enjoy guys!

Attachments

• DSC_0008.jpg
    DSC_0008.jpg
    217.2 KB · Views: 174
  • DSC_0007.jpg
    DSC_0007.jpg
    177.7 KB · Views: 145
  • DSC_0006.jpg
    DSC_0006.jpg
    192.4 KB · Views: 128
  • DSC_0005.jpg
    DSC_0005.jpg
    204.7 KB · Views: 131
Here are some more...

Attachments

• DSC_0004.jpg
    DSC_0004.jpg
    206 KB · Views: 117
  • DSC_0003.jpg
    DSC_0003.jpg
    212.5 KB · Views: 128
  • DSC_0002.jpg
    DSC_0002.jpg
    215.3 KB · Views: 118
29 Gallon Bio Cube
Aquatic Life T5 HO 96 Watt Light (Removed Stock Lighting)
Ecoxotic Panorama LED Module 12 Watt-For shimmer and coral growth (going to add another one)
1st Chamber-Bio Cube Protein Skimmer
2nd Chamber- Refugium with Cheato Algae, Live Rock, Bag of Chemipure, egg crate on top with filter pad. LED light for fuge.
3rd Chamber- Purigen, heater

RO/DI water change 25% every week.
Feed coral with Aqua Vitro Fuel, and Rods food.
Feed clam with Phyto Feast.

Two Hydor pumps. Number 1 and a nano.

Roughly 35-40 pounds of live rock in tank.

Im not listing all the corals, it takes too long lol.

I will be upgrading to a 200 gallon tank when I get a house. My wife and I are in an apartment and saving for a house.

Gosh this is beautiful! This is exactly what's making me want to pick up one of these nano systems. And actually, this is the exact one I want to pick up. The 28 gallon, and Fosterandsmith aquatics is offering one heck of a deal on it, including the stand too! You get the two powerheads as well all for $299! I definitely need some pointers from you on reef keeping :)

Tank looks amazing! You really have maximized the space!

I'm not going to bash you for the tang, just maybe try and convince you. There may not be any visible signs of a problem with the tang until one day he is just dead. Growth stunting seems to happen differently in fish and in most cases doesn't happen like a puppy in a small cage. Puppys grow no matter what and eventually are squished in a cage, but it seems often fish will not grow yet their insides do no develop and they will die from internal causes that we never see.

I struggled with the same thing with my girlfriend and it eventually came down to "we can get this fish, and you can love him for x amount of time and then he possibly dies horribly, or we can let him go to a better home and wait until you find a fish you fall in love with that we can have and make him have the best home ever."

JM .02, not judging or bashing because I went through the same thing.

Back
Top Bottom