Updated tank photos!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mandarinlove

Aquarium Advice Activist
Here are two photos of then and now.

The tank will be one year old on August 1st.

If you want to see a more detailed timeline of everything, click on "my tanks."

I do weekly water changes with RO/DI water and have a fuge in the back chamber.
I am thinking about upgrading the lighting this summer.

I removed my clownfish, dottyback and royal gramma do the simple fact that they dirty the water. I am creating a huge pod population for my mandarin that I will add this summer! :) The whole entire back wall is almost covered in coralline algae and I am constantly scraping it off the glass every week.

24955-albums975-picture6820.jpg

24955-albums975-picture6821.jpg

I agree. Your tank looks awesome. Perfect example of someone who takes optimal care of their saltwater aquarium.

Looks amazing! ORA is going to be releasing captive bred and prepared trained mandarins late summer, probably cost more, but worth it IMO. I couldn't keep my front glass that clean if I tried.

Looks great! Good job. How often you do water changes and how much? Just curious.

Thanks for all the compliments everyone!

I do a 5 gallon RO/DI water change once a week, sometimes a week and a half if I am really busy.

I think the thing that is keeping my tank so clean is the fuge I have in the back chamber, the chemipure, purigen, filter pads and water movement I have in the tank.

I also am realizing how much I love corals and do not need a lot of fish (which dirty the water).

When my wife and I get a house in a few years, I will get a big tank which can hold more fish and the damage won't be so huge.

Grats on your love of corals! Sooner than you'll know it you will be fragging out your specimens and spreading the love.

Back
Top Bottom