Updated Tank Photos

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mandarinlove

Aquarium Advice Activist
These are updated tank photos with my new T5 HO aquatic life 96 watt light.

Everything is doing really well.

Hard work pays off!!

Later :D

Attachments

• DSC_0025.jpg
    DSC_0025.jpg
    217.6 KB · Views: 112
  • DSC_0028.jpg
    DSC_0028.jpg
    210.4 KB · Views: 87
  • DSC_0029.jpg
    DSC_0029.jpg
    207.2 KB · Views: 94
  • DSC_0026.jpg
    DSC_0026.jpg
    182.8 KB · Views: 84
Mmmmm.... brains.... Oops, I meant Outstanding work! :)

Thank you for all of your comments! In response to a couple of things:

The light is an Aquatic Life T5 HO 96 watt light. It has a timer and 2 lunar LED bulbs which really light up the tank nicely at night.

The torch coral does not really reach the brain yet. When it does I will move the brain or torch over a bit. I need to leave some room on the sand because I am getting a maxima clam next week.

If anyone has any questions about my tank (bio cube) or if anyone has a bio cube and needs some advice, let me know. I think I have finally figured out the perfect filtration system for clarity of the water and health of the tank.

I've seen so many people spend so much money on things to add to this tank when all you have to do is a few simple steps over the course of a year or so and it makes a huge difference.

I will continue to have this tank until my wife and I purchase a house in a couple of years, then I will have my big tank. Anywhere between 100-200 gallons.

Hopefully everyone will still be around on this forum to watch my build thread on that.

Thanks again everyone. I will post pictures of the lunar LED lights when I get my maxima clam in a couple of weeks or so.

I have a nano cube, always looking to learn new things. Care to enlighten me on your perfect filtration system? i might have to give it a try.

A couple of simple steps:

Chamber 1: Protein Skimmer from bio cube:Oceanic BioCube Protein Skimmer
Bottom crate cut out for more flow.

Chamber 2:JBJ Nano light for a refugium:JBJ Nano-Glo 4-LED Magnetic Refugium Light
All of the crates and slits taken out of chamber 2. Live rock rubble and clumps of cheato for your fuge. Chemipure Boyd Chemi Pure Elitein there as well on top of the rock and next to the cheato. Two pieces of plastic laying across the top and filter floss on top so the flow of water hits that first before it goes into the fuge.

Chamber 3: A bag of purigen Seachem Purigen, removed old sponge and kept the pump that was in there.

I've researched different things, and this combination has seemed to work great for me. I vacuum out chamber 1 and 3 about once a month, because you get build up of garbage and I rinse out the pump. I NEVER clean out the fuge, let it be and grow. I do an RO/DI water change, 30% once a week, and I always am refilling the tank with RO/DI water when the water level drops a little bit.

I keep the water level pretty much to the top of the tank in the back chambers, this helps create the proper fuge.

I have one koralia pump flowing to the middle of the tank and I am not constantly moving things around.

I replace the chemipure in chamber two every 6 months and the purigen every 2. (I NEVER BLEACH IT AND REUSE IT EVEN THOUGH IT SAYS YOU CAN) I would never take that risk.

I do not have any additives and I only have two fish, a firefish and clown. I have about 15 hermit crabs and 4 snails.

I think a couple of the key things are keeping the tank clean by using the fuge (NO ALGAE ANYMORE!), not moving things around too much and not having too many fish.

This really adds up to a lot of harmful nitrates and the tank goes to ****.

GOOD LUCK! Let me know if anyone does this and if it makes a difference.

I think more then the combination listed above, your diligence to your maintenance schedule is what really keeps your tank pristine. But it is a very effective combo just in itself im sure. I never knew about the JBJ light, does it mount underwater?

Kudos again to your commitment and the beautiful tank that follows. (y)

Back
Top Bottom