Upgrade to 20 long.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Just an update. It's been a while now and after battling all sorts of algae and other issues things are finally balancing out and going really well. I've wanted to throw the whole thing out the window a few times during the learning process, but I've learned so much and the work is starting to pay off. My corals are thriving and growing, and even though it's such a simple little setup, I am really enjoying it now. ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1400601974.151587.jpg

Thanks! My guess would be about 20lbs of lr. I've added and switched out a few pieces so I'm not sure. Since I took the pic I've moved those orange solar flare zoas higher up on the rock. I noticed yesterday that the few closest to the light are closing up, so I guess I need to move them a little lower right?

I also just noticed a tiny piece of bright orange a few inches away from that zoa. I've been suspecting my emerald crab of munching on a coral here and there, but now I think I have all the evidence I need. One of my mushrooms looks like its had a bite taken out of it too. I was told they were reef safe. I wanted it to eat the green bubble algae, but it hasn't touched it as far as I can tell. Dang it.

Caught the crab! I leaned a small glass against the lr, put a bite of food inside and it was in there this morning. It's so pretty, but I just can't risk it.

Just added my newest member! A baby black and white clown. They are getting along so well. The pic is awful, they won't be still!

Attachments

• IMG_3859 (2).jpg
    IMG_3859 (2).jpg
    205.1 KB · Views: 64
How is your bioload with the fish you have? I'm about to start a 20g long reef and want to have an idea of what I want to do for livestock.

How is your bioload with the fish you have? I'm about to start a 20g long reef and want to have an idea of what I want to do for livestock.

It's been about a month since I added the latest fish so I'm thinking it's safe to assume everything is great. I added these fish slowly and I do weekly wc's of around 30% faithfully. The 20 long is nice in that it offers fish a lot of horizontal swimming room. The firefish and gramma tend to stay near their respective caves, however the clowns enjoy the entire tank. I was iffy about adding the black and white clown, but my trusted lfs owner said it would be fine.

Yeah that won't be an issue. One of my favorite parts of having a fish tank is doing stuff to it.

Cool tank dude! It looks good. Thanks for the help :)

Back
Top Bottom