Vacation

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jesse.R

Aquarium Advice Activist
I'm going to be getting a nano reef with corals only. We go on vacation quite a bit and I'm wondering how long corals (eg zoas) could go without maintenance. I would really appreciate your replies on this one!! Thanks

How long are you away for? I have a 10g and I reckon it would only go a week without some kind of maintenance (top off mainly) would this be our first salt water tank? A larger tank is easier to maintain and could go much longer without maintenance...

How long are you away for? I have a 10g and I reckon it would only go a week without some kind of maintenance (top off mainly) would this be our first salt water tank? A larger tank is easier to maintain and could go much longer without maintenance...
I can get someone to come and pour water in on day 7. (Most of my trips are about 10 days) yes this is my first saltwater tank. I have been keeping freshwater for 2 years with much success. Never had any "catastrophes" with my tank so everything's been good.

Cool, do have a read of the articles in here about how to set up and maintain a salt water tank - it's nothing like freshwater! I still recommend to go bigger if you can, the larger the water volume the more room for error. I started with a 55g and almost instantly wished i had gone bigger and only attempted a nano just recently - it is much more effort than my 55!

Cool, do have a read of the articles in here about how to set up and maintain a salt water tank - it's nothing like freshwater! I still recommend to go bigger if you can, the larger the water volume the more room for error. I started with a 55g and almost instantly wished i had gone bigger and only attempted a nano just recently - it is much more effort than my 55!
Thank you so much for the advice!!

Back
Top Bottom