Vital Reef DNA, anyone have any thoughts?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

survivinglove

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
So far, it seems to be killing off all the hair and brown algae in my little 5gal nano tank..and the coraline algae is covering a good chunk of a previously bare piece of rock.

I've been using it for 8 days now.

Anyone have any thoughts or experience they could share?

TIA:)

I can tell you what the general consensus is of many of the other Weiss products.

Snakeoil...

Here is the description from DrFosters for the Vital Reef DNA,

Reef Vital DNA enhances the ability of photosynthetic marine organisms to obtain nutrients from water and utilize light. Promotes growth and provides pigmentation priming of coralline algaes, anemones, sea mushrooms, sponges, tunicates, feather dusters, and live rock. Also interferes with the ability of saltwater ich to adhere to fishes skin. Can be used in cycling new tanks, acclimating new fish and aiding in reproduction.

Seems to good to be true. Enhance photosynthesis as well as promote corline algae growth and coloration of anenomes and mushrooms? While at the same time inhibiting ich from attaching to fish.

Yes, I've read the bottle (its in my fridge).

And I wouldnt say it was all bunk...it seems to be helping. A friend has had some really good exp with it and bought it for me as a gift to help kill off the hair algae and thus far, its working really well.

So, general concensus aside, anyone have any specific experience with it? Any issues/problems with it? Any happy experiences?

Specific situations, I mean.

thanks

survivinglove said:
Yes, I've read the bottle (its in my fridge).
And what did it say the product consisted of, ingredient wise? If I remember correctly, it doesn't.

Cheers
Steve

Back
Top Bottom