Wave 15 pico build!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Wizard4s

Aquarium Advice Activist
Just got a wave 15 tank for Christmas and decided I'm going to do a pico reef build :) here is some photos I the tank

image-2383065718.jpg

image-2698463942.jpg

image-1480349590.jpg

image-615537328.jpg

image-1003503373.jpg

image-2477404990.jpg

image-2091941970.jpg

image-2685145572.jpg

Thanks I love it, I will buy all the rock, sand ect next weekend, and merry Christmas to you too

Any advice or ideas would be very helpful from anyone

I thinks it's around £70 also comes with filter and heater which is hidden away, I love this tank and can't wait to get started on it.

Any advice or ideas would be very helpful from anyone

My only advice would just be to keep a good watch on your water parameters since it is a smaller tank. Since smaller tanks do not have a large water volume, there is more room to make a mistake.

:)

Yeah thanks, I will have to just make sure I'm always checking it, would love to get a larger tank just don't have the room, do you think I would be able to put 1 small clown or goby in?

How long do firefish live for? Do you think I should put some crustations in there like crabs or something?

I'm going to buy live rock soon, how much do you think I should get, the tank is about 15 litres (4g)? And should I buy normal or live sand? Thanks

This tank would be able to host a clown. I had a 14g tank with several fish and inverts and it was great. Upgraded to a 29g tank and still have same fish plus some new ones

Ps. I use live sand and about one pound per gallon. One bag of sand should be enough

Ok thanks, I am buying the live rock and everything today so will update with pics later :)

Everything is now set up :) I will add some pics when the water has cleared up, the guy in the fish shop advised against setting it up in a small tank, he said it was nearly Impossible, but I have seen it done so many times, it only has an aqua flow 50 internal filter which im using for flow, do you think I need to upgrade it or add a powerhead? Thanks

Here is a pic of my tank slowly clearing up lol

image-640515710.jpg

I would add a power head once you add some more things to the tank. Also another good investment would be a uv sterilizer before you add too much.

Back
Top Bottom