Went with...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Frankie_Garcia

Aquarium Advice FINatic
a hydor slim skim nano protein skimmer, one of the best skimmer I have gone with. Even though it's internal. It's sleek and looks nice. Mine is hidden in the rocks and looks like a overflow. I would add pictures but my tank is cloudy from adding sand to my refugium. Any tips on the cloudiness

a hydor slim skim nano protein skimmer, one of the best skimmer I have gone with. Even though it's internal. It's sleek and looks nice. Mine is hidden in the rocks and looks like a overflow. I would add pictures but my tank is cloudy from adding sand to my refugium. Any tips on the cloudiness
be patient

Patience is a good one. Although adding some filter floss to a filter will quickly pull particulates out of the water.

Add sand with PVC pipe next time, it cuts down on all the cloudiness issues!

Well I got a new skimmer, but it's producing micro bubbles due to break in, but my mushrooms corals are not opening along with my Zoas abs frog spawn

What exactly are your parameters? Could you have had a salinity swing when you added your sump from the extra water?

I had the hydor slim skim nano for about a month. It seemed to be ok. It definitely took some gunk out but it was too water level dependent. I didn't have a sump so it wouldn't skim properly if I didn't keep the water level just perfect. Plus every time I emptied the cup the rubber adjuster moved and I had to adjust it all over again. If it wasn't just right, it wouldn't do its job properly.

It was a little bit of a nightmare I must admit. After a long work day I came home and it wasn't running. Took it apart, nothing was clogging the motor. It just simply burned out. I returned it and just took the money back.

Luckily I keep it in my main tank and the water levels stays equal no matter what! I haven't had any problems yet.

I had the hydor slim skim nano for about a month. It seemed to be ok. It definitely took some gunk out but it was too water level dependent. I didn't have a sump so it wouldn't skim properly if I didn't keep the water level just perfect. Plus every time I emptied the cup the rubber adjuster moved and I had to adjust it all over again. If it wasn't just right, it wouldn't do its job properly.

It was a little bit of a nightmare I must admit. After a long work day I came home and it wasn't running. Took it apart, nothing was clogging the motor. It just simply burned out. I returned it and just took the money back.

Did yours ever stop with the micro
Bubbles?

Back
Top Bottom