What are some easy corals to add to my tank?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Fishstuff45

Aquarium Advice Activist
I have a 10 gallon nano reef. For lighting I have a fluorescent strip light for a 20 gallon. Fish wise I have two clownfish and a yellow tail blue damsel. The corals I have at the moment are zoanthids ricordea Xenia frogspawn and pipe organ corals. I'm not sure what else to get. Any suggestions would be great. Thanks.

Attachments

• image-4224448223.jpg
    image-4224448223.jpg
    150.2 KB · Views: 63
I would recommend getting better lighting first. Something along the lines of T5ho

I looked for lights but most don't seem to fit a 20 inch tank. Where could I find one and how much would one cost?

Look at your LFS. You should be able to find something to fit it there. Or you can search online or check Amazon.

Ok thanks.

After I got that what corals would you suggest.

I would suggest Zoanthids, just my personal favorite. Mushrooms are also easy to keep. Just get some different colors to add variety to what you currently have.

I like zoanthids to but I wanted something a little different. Any ideas?

If you upgrade your lighting then you could start keeping brains and acan lords, my favorites :)

Are brain corals photosynthetic or do you need to feed them?

Fishstuff45 said:
Are brain corals photosynthetic or do you need to feed them?

They are photosynthetic but as with almost all LPS they will except meaty food too like mysis shrimp.

Back
Top Bottom