What could be digging this hole?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Convict2161

Aquarium Advice Addict
I Tried to take shots with and without the flash. The flash scared my feather duster into hiding. Anyway... What is making this huge hole?! It goes under the rock and out the other side. It's crazy but I'm kinda excited! Hopefully it's nothing bad.

Stock is;

1 orange spotted goby
2 Bengi cardinals
2 clown fish
1 Mandarin
1 fire fish
1 harliquin shrimp.

My CUC;

Variety of snails
Hermits both red and blue legged
2 cleaner shrimp
2 peppermint shrimp
1 blood shrimp
1 small brittle star fish (orange)

image-1152222635.jpg

image-3349354652.jpg

image-3478998820.jpg

image-3057351290.jpg

image-3189125091.jpg

image-2471135441.jpg

The last picture with the feather duster hiding in its tube right to the left you can see the hole it goes under the rock and on the other side is a other fresh pile of sand. Noticed it today so I'd say over the past 2 days.

Do you have any nassarius snails? Those tend to dig, but they dig straight down, maybe you have a dyslexic nassarius snail? I know pistol shrimp like digging holes! I bought mine and saw him drop to the bottom, never seen him since! But I do see his antennae all the time

Yup I would say that it is the goby two... I have a diamond goby in my 15 gallon and a ghost goby in my 10 gallon and they both build holes under my rock... It's like a small tunnel system and they use it to travel to various areas in the tank...

Craigj247 said:
Yup I would say that it is the goby two... I have a diamond goby in my 15 gallon and a ghost goby in my 10 gallon and they both build holes under my rock... It's like a small tunnel system and they use it to travel to various areas in the tank...

That exactly what it is! There are little exits and entrances all over, it's pretty cool actually. But I hardly see my little friend :(

image-1320091564.jpg

My flame goby darts across the tank shoots into small holes like that , I thought some of my gobys were dead till I found there new hiding places little holes under rock
there just good little sneaks

Back
Top Bottom