What fish should I get

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

CleverBs

Aquarium Advice Addict
I have a 4g Nano its actually like ~3g. I was thinking about getting a tiny fish for it but what should i get?

Panda clown goby (tank might be too small not sure)

Wow 3g :s I would say the best thing is to go with no fish... Just sone shrimp and hermits... But if you really want a fish in there.... Maybe a small clown goby, neon goby or a small green banded goby or even maybe a small yasha goby or if you can find a small azure damsel if you are looking for a swimmer.... Main thing is not to over feed the fish in this small space and have a good quantity of live rock and live sand to help with the ammonia breakdown. Good luck!

4g of water volume but only about 3g in the display. As of right now im going to have like 3-4 sexy shrimp. as far as a fish i was thinking a clown goby or neon goby. Maybe ill get one after awhile and if it doesnt work out because of waste I will remove it. This will be a reef tank so water quality is of course important to me

With a tank that size you could just keep mixed 5 gallon bucket next to it and do a .5 water change every day to keep water prestine and would only take like 2 mins lol

Instead of getting 4 sexy shrimp... Why not do 1 sexy shrimp, 1 cleaner shrimp, 1 candy cane/ dancing shrimp and maybe 1 bulls eye shrimp... Mixed bag of stuff :)

Craigj247 said:
Instead of getting 4 sexy shrimp... Why not do 1 sexy shrimp, 1 cleaner shrimp, 1 candy cane/ dancing shrimp and maybe 1 bulls eye shrimp... Mixed bag of stuff :)

+1 that would be cool :)

Craigj247 said:

+1 i wanted to do this before i got a flamehawk!

I say a little clown goby would work CleverB!

Yup you can still do a clown goby and fit three shrimp in there... It is best that if you do include a fish... You incorporate a skimmer... A small HOB type or even one with the air stone should be fine for that size and maintain weekly water changes without fail...

I am just going to go with the sexy shrimp. I dotn want a bunch of different shrimp.

I was planning on possibly doing a 500ml water change evey day. we will see how this go for the water changes. as of now my plan is 3-4 sexy shrimp and maybe a clown goby

Cool it's your call... Stick to what your Comfortable with... I would suggest water changes every two days and even this is only if you are using RO/DI water if not it can different water qualities going in on a daily basis and can stress the critters out quite a bit...

Cool it's your call... Stick to what your Comfortable with... I would suggest water changes every two days and even this is only if you are using RO/DI water if not it can different water qualities going in on a daily basis and can stress the critters out quite a bit...

i am using ro.di water.

Back
Top Bottom