What fish would you suggest for my 29 Gallon Bio Cube?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

blubunny2005

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
What fish would you suggest for my 29 Gallon Bio Cube?

I have algae all over the place now and I have 3 Blue Legged Hermit Crabs, 1 regular Hermit Crab, 1 Astrea Conehead Snail, & 1 Coral Banded Shrimp in my 29 Gallon PLUS I added another 7 pounds of Live Rock for a total of about 25 pounds of live rock. I need more cleaner crew - WHAT WOULD YOU SUGGEST STAYING WITH BASICALLY SHRIMP & CRABS? I am not found of snails that much..
Also, My future list of fish include: 1 Black & White Clownfish, 1 False Orange Clownfish, 1 Blue Velvet Damselfish, 1 3-Spot Damselfish, & 1 4-Stripe Damselfish (or 3-Stripe depending on what my fish store has). HOW Does this list sound and would I be able to add 1 or 2 more damsels to it?

i would be careful with the damsels they tend to terrorize a tank. and you could always get an emerald crab too add to your clean up crew they dont get very big so it shouldnt bother any of your fish and as of other shrimp i think you have to be careful what kind you add beause of your coral banded shrimp, he may bother small shrimps

Reef tank: Yes! With Marine Fish and live Coral.. So what about if I put just those 3 damsels in at the same time? Would it help with any issues? What about the 1 black clownfish & 1 orange clownfish together (as long as I get them at the same time or one is bigger then the other)?

You will have issues with the damsels harassing each other and your other species also. They get very aggresive as they get more established.

Yea Damsels are really just a bad choice in anything but in an agressive tank. When they get their territory they ll fight to the death to protect it, The blue Velvet especially though one of the prettiest in damsels but easily the most aggressive! Please reconsider.

I hate to be the bearer of bad news but two different clowns will have a rough go at it in a tank that small. I have a 6 ft tank and have two different clowns and they have scrapped for several yrs. How about a shrimp goby?

Check out Panda Gobies and Tailspot Blennies. Watchman Gobies and pistol shrimp pairs also fun, look at Yashia Gobies.

Jake

Okay, I have talked to my guy at my LFS (not petsmart or petco) and I have decided to go with just 1 Black & White Clownfish and 1 Blue Velvet Damsel for my 29 gallon Bio Cube.. How does this sound?

I agree the Blue velvet is very aggressive and should be added last or will/can kill/harass any newcomer into the tank.

I got my Orange Percula False Misbarred Clownfish & my Blue Velvet Damselfish at the same time today.. No problems and they leave each other alone. Those are the only 2 fish for my 29 gallon tank that I will ever get. I love them!! The Damsel's Stripes just about glow under all of my lights!

Back
Top Bottom