What is a good nano reef tank?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
skimmer, spare tank for a sump, plumbing, LIGHTS(biggest expense), 100-120lbs rock, 90lbs of sand, bucket or 2 of salt mix, powerheads, & I can't think of anything else right now..

Ok I have a 20 gallon sump that I run right now. I have the protein skimmer. I have koralia hydor 2 600 pumps in my 90 now. I have alot of lr and ls, not sure how much though. My lighting now is 4 48" t5ho 6500k bulbs ( retro fit kit wo reflectors) and a 4 bulb 36" in between. I would probably add one or two more of the 48" kits and put reflectors on all bulbs. That would give me a 6 bulb setup. Sufficient??

So after much debate with my wife, she would rather only one tank. :( so I will either forgo saltwater for now or build my 90 gallon to saltwater. Any wisdom on this situation?

go big or not at all :)

the 90 will be forgiving in terms of maintenance slacking, have a wider range of fish/inverts, & is one of the "ideal tanks" voted by a lot of the SW people on here as the best starter since it's roughly the same footprint as a 55 & 75 just deeper & taller. I personally will be setting up a 90 here in a few months once I move. so I'm a little biased

You, my friend, have talked me right into it. Lol. I guess my only concern is lighting. Would two 4 bulb t5ho fixtures be better then an 8 bulb retro kit with reflectors. I found the 4 fixtures by wave point on Craig's list for 150 each, but I also found reflectors for 10 each.

I'll have to refer to somebody who knows T5s better since I have never dealt with them. but my assumption is that 8 t5hos is good enough for this tank either way. I mean reflectors will def help add more light.

Back
Top Bottom