what should i put into my one gallon??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ilostnemo

Aquarium Advice Addict
i know it cant be for fish even though as a temp home for a baby clarki he loved it and had enough room. but im turnin it into a full reef so what coral should i put it in? its got seven watts of light so any type would survive.

Yeah... I'm sure that clown loved being in a 1G.. You know, with you being able to read fish minds and all...

You could put things like mushrooms, zoas, various types of polyps. I mean... 1g is pretty small and a lot of the LPS get fairly large and would take up alot of space in that tank and if you put more and more lps on there.. They would definitely start to agitate eachother from the lack of space to grow out.

Same thing goes for the SPS species... But those would be a heck of a lot harder to keel in such a small tank since they need pristine water conditions to thrive. I'm sure it could be done, but you would need to keep up with that tank like it was your job.

Yeah... I'm sure that clown had plenty of room.

You could put things like mushrooms, zoas, various types of polyps. I mean... 1g is pretty small and a lot of the LPS get fairly large and would take up alot of space in that tank and if you put more and more lps on there.. They would definitely start to agitate eachother from the lack of space to grow out.

Same thing goes for the SPS species... But those would be a heck of a lot harder to keel in such a small tank since they need pristine water conditions to thrive. I'm sure it could be done, but you would need to keep up with that tank like it was your job.
he was a half inch long.. he had room so yeah... hence why i said "baby"

and yeah i know it is small but i mean one member has a half gallon reef so.. and i was thinking not going with sps with this small like you said they need pristine water conditions..

Yeah no doubt.. I've seen some pretty small tanks as well, I was just saying that trying to keep sps in a tank that small would be a tough job. It's doable... Just tough. That's all. But for a tank that small definitely look into mushrooms, zoas, different types of polyps, palys, and check out ricordea for mushrooms. Love the rics.

+1 on the mushrooms, GSP or xenia. the weeds. I used a one gallon for a FW snail breeder, I bet you could do the same for salt.

I guess I`ll have to be the bad guy here. I personally would not use it for SW. There is no room for error in a tank that size. One small mistake and you`ll have wild parameter swings and probably lose all. If you feel you can do it then go ahead but it will be difficult. JMO

This guy made a little 1 gallon for frags and such..its got a neat set up...not so much what you are doing though haha
YouTube - 1 gallon reef tank tour

This one you should definitely check out its really cool! He even has some crabs
YouTube - 1 Gallon Saltwater Aquarium and Globe Ecosystem

and here's a couple 3 gallon ones
YouTube - 3 Gallon Reef Tank
YouTube - Saltwater 3 Gallon Pico Nano Reef Tank Salt Water

I think the idea of keeping some shrimp like the sexy shrimp or a few crabs is neat

well so far the tank has been stable i cycled it then had the clarki in it for a week then some snails now i wanna remove them and just have a full reef tank. and i was thinkin maybe mushrooms or some zoas

Still no better than a betta bowl IMO. Just not enough room to do it well for a long term period.

I agree. 2 gallons isn't much of an improvement. :( You could try some easy corals if you just had to...I wouldn't put any fish in there though...maybe just some Dwarf Cerinth and a few Nassarius snails.

Back
Top Bottom