What type of algae is this and how to get rid off out of my tank!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Zeroblake

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hello reefers!!

I will like to know what type of algae this is. It start to grow up in my tank since 3 or 4 days ago and its spreading really fast, what can i do to get rid off and keep it away from my tank!!

My tank is a Nuvo 30 gallons
My light is Kessil led Ocean blue
My parameters all of them are excellent.

Thanks

Attachments

• image-2402636488.jpg
    image-2402636488.jpg
    42.1 KB · Views: 192
  • image-1342671021.jpg
    image-1342671021.jpg
    46.2 KB · Views: 190
  • image-1728930761.jpg
    image-1728930761.jpg
    39.2 KB · Views: 174
Do not overfeed, keep water parameters in spec. monitor lighting schedule...and let the diatoms run there cycle. The next cycle will be hair algae... I believe you have diatom algae on the sandbed.

+1 on diatoms they get silica out of the water and sand that's why it's on your sand bed more then other place like rock. Nothing but waiting for the diatoms they will go away just make sure DONT OVER FEED. It will last longer.

Do not overfeed, keep water parameters in spec. monitor lighting schedule...and let the diatoms run there cycle. The next cycle will be hair algae... I believe you have diatom algae on the sandbed.

I don't usually overfeed my tank I only have to snowflake clownfish in this tank, a cleaner shrimp, peppermint shrimp ( i guess I don't know much about its names) , few blue and red leg hermit crabs, couple snails, and a crab that I don't know its name. I feed them only once a day, just small piece of scallop to the carnivores and 1" by 2" piece of seaweed for the herbivores.

I feed every 3rd day....once a day is a lot for what you have. The most I would feed is what your feeding every other day...

I feed every 3rd day....once a day is a lot for what you have. The most I would feed is what your feeding every other day...

I think is not to much! I just give them a nice single piece to each creature! Looks to much but it doesn't like that!!

I'm doing it like that for now because my black snowflake doesn't want to eat since week ago

Today I found one of this little stars but I don't know if they are good or bad !! Somebody can help me !!

Attachments

• image-537997256.jpg
    image-537997256.jpg
    20.1 KB · Views: 112
I don't know what to do!! This cyanobacteria is growing and growing !! And now i'm watching that in some parts of my tank is turning in red color!! What should i do!!

If your testing with good quality test kits, go lights out for 3 days and add more flow. If your still feeding every day Stop. I have seen many people on here say" I watch them eat everything". A lot of the problems come from all the poo. Are you using Tap water?

If your testing with good quality test kits, go lights out for 3 days and add more flow. If your still feeding every day Stop. I have seen many people on here say" I watch them eat everything". A lot of the problems come from all the poo. Are you using Tap water?

Well i'm testing with the API ones , and is not a big problem if I left my tank 3 days out of light?? How about my anemone its a bubble tip anemone it'll be good with out light ??
And i'm using RO/DI water !!

HELP!! This cyanobacteria is covering my corals what should I have to do!! :'-(

What are the TDS readings from your rodi? I bought a used one and had to replace filters after a couple months.

Sounds like you've got a low flow rate, excess nutrients, or feeding too much. Those are the most common causes I've seen. What is your water change routine?

Back
Top Bottom