My 72gal reef tank leaked a few years ago and I lost everything. I didn't end up starting another tank but the "itch" has gotten to me again. I've been thinking about these smaller all in one setups for reefs but wanted to get some opinions on the different models.
1) JBJ 28gal nanocube with HQI lights
2) Oceanic 29gal biocube with HQI lights
3) Red Sea Max 130D 34gal w/ T5 power compacts (they don't make HQI model)
I've looked through the posts and seems like people here like the oceanic biocube. This happens to be the only one my LFS
carries. I haven't been able to see the JBJ and RedSea Max to compare.
What I've gathered so far:
1. Red sea model - lots of nice features
- control panel for all outlets
- No high ouput (e.g. HQI) lights. I might want to keep a clam.
- built-in skimmer and refugium
- no moon lights
- have both HQI and LED
- good price
Any thoughts on these 3 or any other models I should consider? Pros, cons, wishes, etc!
72gal bowfront, 5gal sump, 45lbs LR
, 260watt PC
(2-65watt actinics, 2-65watt 10,000k), AquaC Urchin Pro skimmer, 2 Maxi-jet 1200 ph