which one is better?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cogburn

Aquarium Advice Freak
okay... im gonna get a nano... im gonna take the plunge... however i see 2 i like... which one in your opinions is better?

1. https://www.thatpetplace.com/pet/group/10450/product.web

2. https://www.thatpetplace.com/pet/group/14359/product.web

the price difference is so small that it isnt even a factor... however i dont really see much listed about lighting im curious if either have the adequate lighting for a typical nano tank... im leaning for the aquapod because it has a skimmer listed... if anybody has any opinions please speak up... by the way the aquapod picture looks like there is a yellow tang in there... thought that was kinda funny considering that tank is about 60 gallons too small for a tang... thought you guys would find that funny... thanks in advance guys...

-Larry :silly:

edit: upon further checking the first one (aquapod) has 2x27w pc lights and 2 lunar lights... i dont know how the eclipse stacks up to that in lighting but from what ive read thats pretty good lighting for a mini-reef correct? plus the stand is pretty nice for it too... im definately leaning for the aquapod unless you guys chime in and steer me otherwise...

Last edited:
while i would also like the 24gal... im gonna go with the 12 gal. compromise with the wife... she said i could get one if it was the 12 gal... so thats what im getting... and yes that site does have alot better pricing... thank you very much... aquapod it is!!!

no i have never done salwater before... this is a great way for me to get my feet wet (pun intended) with saltwater and not break the bank... my plan is 20 lbs of live rock... some mushrooms, polyps, and other soft corals... and one ocellaris clown, one clown goby, a cleaner shrimp, 2 hermits... and maybe one other goby... i havent decieded yet tho which one... i find the 12 gal will be fine because ill just buy the 5 gal jugs of premixed ro/di water form petco and ill use them for changes rather than mix my own... i see a nano as much more manageable and cost effective than a bigger setup... i will be getting a 90 gal in the new house but thats gonna be freshwater

Not to argue with a wife (being one myself) but you may want to try and convince her to rethink the 24 nano. I have the 24 and I bought my oldest son the 12. There isn't a huge difference in terms of space that it takes up, your live rock investment is only going to be a bit more (I have about 25-30 lbs - more than enough) and you'll be able to add more corals. I only did the 12 gallon with my son because he is a college student and we had to consider that he needed to be able to move the tank. The 12 gallon will fit on the floor on his car - the 24 won't. SW tanks are addictive and you may find yourself frustrated with the 12 gallon. Just something to think about!

On corals - my tanks has been running since August. I just added a bunch of zoas from Ziggy. They are doing fantastic! Good luck!

Back
Top Bottom