yasha goby and pistol that I just added to my tank have disappeared

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jayridge

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I my yasha goby and pistol that I just added to my tank have disappeared. I know that it can happen and they will come out on their own but I am wondering and hoping if they managed to find their way into my sump through the lower grating. I should tell you that I have a Biocube 8. Should I wait it out and see if they are around in a few hours or would feeding draw them out of hiding and if so should I wait to try that as well. Please any info would be much appreciated! Thank you!

Attachments

• image-794656100.jpg
    image-794656100.jpg
    120.2 KB · Views: 175
I my yasha goby and pistol that I just added to my tank have disappeared. I know that it can happen and they will come out on their own but I am wondering and hoping if they managed to find their way into my sump through the lower grating. I should tell you that I have a Biocube 8. Should I wait it out and see if they are around in a few hours or would feeding draw them out of hiding and if so should I wait to try that as well. Please any info would be much appreciated! Thank you!

If you just put them in, give them time. They will come out on their own eventually. It may take a little while too. Look for piles of sand in the next couple days, that's a good indicator they are settling in.

Alright thank you. I am just worried that I somehow missed them when I looked in the filter area before blocking the bottom vent off. So how long should I wait before I try to feed?

Pulled my filter and saw them under the grating. Got them back into the display and went to desperate hiding places. Really hope I didn't traumatize them to much to find each other again.

Pulled my filter and saw them under the grating. Got them back into the display and went to desperate hiding places. Really hope I didn't traumatize them to much to find each other again.

Oh man sorry to hear that, when I had mine and first introduced them they just disappeared for a while.

The yasha is my first fish. Had to pull out my emerald crab because it was harassing the goby. Didn't see them tis morning maybe they will be out when I get home from class.

The goby and shrimp finally came out of hiding yesterday. They are both doing well

Attachments

• image-2230768313.jpg
    image-2230768313.jpg
    143.8 KB · Views: 141
Back
Top Bottom