Zoa Garden

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

That's crazy, I got this for $20. Wanna trade? :D
img_2947737_0_b93a77bada9029990ffa25102d5e9f6d.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Sure haha I am good friends with the guy who runs the salt section at my LFS so I get good prices these go for $12-15 and this one is 25 ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1400306938.408476.jpg

Wow I'm so jealous of those acans. Guess that kinda makes up for not getting crazy zoa morphs. I'd be looking at $40-60 retail for most of those.

One thing I really want is a monti cap but they are rare to find here

Over here ppl can't give them away they're so common. Good luck finding one. I cannot keep them for some reason so I feel your pain some

Thanks haha I'm gonna be on the look out for my zoas soon I want this garden to bloom. If you add a lot of corals at once can it effect your tank? I want to go but some more next week

Nah they have a minimal bioload. Your tanks been running for a while right? I've never had issues adding a couple corals at once.

Yea it's been up for around a year and a bit iv only got softies and LPS anyway. Do you add anything to your tank? I was suggested iodine

Nope I wouldn't. Iodine can be very very very bad if overdosed. It is kept at the proper level by our salt mix. I dose 2 part calcium and alkalinity when needed because I have a bunch of growing sps corals that use it up. But mostly I just do water changes and that works fine. Especially for the zoas :D.

Sweet I had some SPS but it was pretty full on keeping the water clean I'm not running a sump. I'm setting up a 100 gal in a few weeks so this tank may get an over haul at the same time the 100 will be full on SPS

That sounds awesome, ill definitely be following that build! I love sps corals, the growth patterns are incredible. I really wanna start up an encrusting monti garden but I don't have room for that haha.

That would be cool if you got different colours would they like grow into each other and form multi colour monties?

Back
Top Bottom