Zoa Question!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Savvyhouse

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I am going to get some zoas. My question is--how do you put them in the tank? (I am talking about after the acclimation process.) With gloves, do you just pick them up and put them where you want them? Do you drop them in? Do you have to glue them to rock? I have had a fish only tank with live rock for the past 20 months and finally am getting around to adding coral.

I haven't purchased any zoas yet and want to know as much as possible before getting some. Thank you!

They are really easy. Mine all came on discs so i just placed them where i wanted. You do have to be careful tho with them but not super paranoid. lol

I just placed them on my sandbed and they seem to be doing well there. :)

So you just keep them on the discs they come with? Sounds easy enough! Thanks for responding!

I've put the discs on small pieces of lr and the one has started spreading to the rock, might wanna try that. :)

And you're very welcome.

You can glue them to the rock too, which is probably what carey meant, they get knocked over easily haha and if you want them to spread they should be in one spot so they are happy and healthy :)

It's suggested to wear gloves and goggles, but many people don't.

Back
Top Bottom