10 Gallon Aquarium

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jmifland

Aquarium Advice Activist
I found a 10 gallon aquarium a week or two ago in my garage and have been thinking about what to place in the tank. I was originally thinking about housing a single blue electric lobster but I heard that crustaceans are very tempermental when it comes to PH and I don't want to kill someone so cool looking due to me being an aquarium novice. I was thinking about making it into a small salt water tank and having it sit next to my computer and maybe house two small clown fish but I'm not sure what type of clown fish would stay decently small and would be able to live in a 10 gallon aquarium.

I was also thinking about filling it with gravel and a bit of water and putting some crabs in there but I'm not sure how that would work. I don't want anything that will smell and my experience with hermit crabs is rather disgusting but I don't think that little freshwater cabs would be the same but I don't want to risk anything.

If you have any ideas about something unique and pretty that could live comfortably in a 10 gallon fish tank please let me know. Also, if you know of a dwarf type clown because my girl friend is in love with them and I wouldn't mind watching them while I'm on the computer every now and again.

You could get a black and white or ocilares(sp) it would do good in a 10gal also a few hermits and snails they stay pretty small. I also wouldn't use gravel imo live sand will look so much better then gravel.

You could get a pair of black and white or ocilares(sp) they would do good in a 10gal also a few hermits and snails they stay pretty small. I also wouldn't use gravel imo live sand will look so much better then gravel.

a 10 gallon is too small for a pair of clownfish. You can do one clownfish but most people will say 15G is the minimum for 1.

No matter what you put in there, stay away from gravel if you're doing saltwater. Best bet, if you can spend a little money on a 20G. That opens up what you can have in there. Also helps out with keeping your parameters in check. My smallest is a 20G and I don't know if I'd ever go smaller than that.

No matter what you put in there, stay away from gravel if you're doing saltwater. Best bet, if you can spend a little money on a 20G. That opens up what you can have in there. Also helps out with keeping your parameters in check. My smallest is a 20G and I don't know if I'd ever go smaller than that.

+1 on the 20G. I was going to do a 10G nano but upgraded to 29G.

The reason I was going with a 10 gallon aquarium is because that is the only extra tank we have in the house. I wanted something small to sit next to my computer.

We recently set up a 55 gallon aquarium and had to use our 20 gallon for the tiger barbs we got because they were picking on everything. Now we only have a 10 gallon and I figured it would be cool to have to a pretty salt water tank to look at.

It doesn't necessarily have to be two clown fish but a very bright personality fish that would be active around the tank.

I was thinking of just placing two mated false clownfish in the tank with a large live rock to swim around and such. I'm not too sure about anemones because I'm somewhat of an amateur and I would need to do some research on them.

Would the 18" Marineland LED light be good for the tank? I know the colors really bring out the tank.

I honestly feel a pair of clowns would do well. My clowns always stay in one spot lol. And you can have any lighting if it's not going to have corals in it.

Yea, I agree with the slither on the clowns, mine just stay in their anemone all day and night lol just know that some(like mine) never come out of the anemone so they're never swimming around the tank

How big of an anemone do you have? I was thinking of something small to keep on a live rock just to have some color in the tank. I figured in a small tank they would feel safe if it were the two of them and maybe some shrimp so they wouldn't NEED a big anemone.

I also don't know how temper mental an anemone is. I read that the false clownfish is very hardy but I don't want to kill an anemone.

Also, are there any threads to read just to get more acquainted with salt water aquariums.

Yea, there's a whole saltwater and reef section, and this is mine with my baby clowns, when it's like fully spread out, it's about the size of my hand

Attachments

• image-3333322168.jpg
    image-3333322168.jpg
    61.1 KB · Views: 85
How big is your tank brown and what type of clowns are those? That anemone looks really cool with those clowns!

Thanks I thought so too, right when I saw it I looked at my gf and was I'm gettin that lol, it's just in a 15g right now until I get my 30g up and running which should be very soon hopefully and I'm not sure what type they are, my lfs bought them from a breeder and he said they're a mix, he had a tank full of babies for $7 a piece, couldn't turn it down lol

Back
Top Bottom