125g Stocking Ideas, again!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
But wont my shrimp killer just kill the fires? I don't want them to fall victim lol. How many fires can you get anyway? Or do they need to be in mated pairs like the coral banded?

carey said:
But wont my shrimp killer just kill the fires? I don't want them to fall victim lol. How many fires can you get anyway? Or do they need to be in mated pairs like the coral banded?

For a 125 id say two pairs.. they are like coral bandid need to be paired or they will fight.. in my opinion I think coral banded Arnt as aggressive as poeple say they are I've seen my fire shrimp attack my pepperment shrimp if they gotto close to his spot... were as the coral banded always moves away... plus the fire shrimp double as cleaners I think if not same but better then the skunk cleaners

My buddy has three fire shrimp none are paired they all take spot on his 55 gallon

Hmm gonna have to give the shrimp a bit more consideration. the fire shrimp are awesome just a little skittish on putting in more shrimp. lol

carey said:
Hmm gonna have to give the shrimp a bit more consideration. the fire shrimp are awesome just a little skittish on putting in more shrimp. lol

Maybe find that pistol...?

I literally would have to break the entire 200lbs of rock down to get at him. he has made a hovel in the dead center bottom back. I havent seen him since I broke down the 55g to move him.

I've also read that tangs and clowns can nip them to death as well so I'm not even sure who the culprit is. :-(

carey said:
I literally would have to break the entire 200lbs of rock down to get at him. he has made a hovel in the dead center bottom back. I havent seen him since I broke down the 55g to move him.

I've also read that tangs and clowns can nip them to death as well so I'm not even sure who the culprit is. :-(

I never had an issue with my clowns nipping them.. two of them actally sat under the ceramic tea pot they host.. I've lost my peppermints since I re aquascaped and didn't have the tang yet.

I had a shrimp killer for years, never got to the bottom of it. Have one coral banded in my reef but rarely see him. And a pistol shrimp that I have never seen, assumed doa. Too many aggressive fish I guess. I need to see the tea pot! Sounds very cute.

Thy pic as requested.

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20110815_145953.jpg
    ForumRunner_20110815_145953.jpg
    35 KB · Views: 67
Gregcoyote said:
You gotta love that. Did you just think the reef needed a tea pot? Just like a wreck site. Tea pot clown fish.

They always hung out by my hob filter so I desided to save an anenome and found this... I didn't think they actually would .. was kinda of an experiment now I feel bad just thinking about taking it out.

Everytime I see them rubbing against it I feel the need to start singing..im a little tea pot short and stout.....

Better than an anemone as they are nothing but real pains. At least the tea pot isn't going to eat anyone or outgrow the tank. ;-)

"Care and feeding of Marine Tea Pots"

Water quality, it doesn't care
Light amount, it doesn't care
Current, it doesn't care as long as it doesn't roll away
Feeding, very light feeder, will eat anything
Temperature, up to boiling point
Supplements needed, cream and sugar
Aggressiveness, none, gets along with everything but pairs with the saucer and cup.
Reef safe, extremely
Fragging, not recommended
Cost, $1.50 at Target

;-)

Back
Top Bottom