12DX LED Build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Great to be young and have time on your hands to DIY. I find that in the end it generally costs me more to DIY than buy. But, I'm old and have other time commitments :mad:

Haha, true. You always seem to find yourself buying a couple new tools or something you need to get the project done.
I just eat the cost as, I'm sure I'll need this again at some point in my life :p

Haha, true. You always seem to find yourself buying a couple new tools or something you need to get the project done.
I just eat the cost as, I'm sure I'll need this again at some point in my life :p

WORD!
+1
I bought a $120 drill press to drill holes in my heatsink and acrylic sheeting for splash guard use. Ive been needing one for a long time now though...

MAtt

I need a drill press ><. It is probably one of the most useful project tools, along with the portable drill, router, and saws.

I miss being at school, we have full access to 3D printers, CNC machines, laser cutters, and a full wood shop.

At school you have access to all these things, but there isn't any space to work on bigger projects, especially if it's not class-related.

Not for me, we have huge studios. If you talk nice to the guys who run the machines, they find time for you.

I mean, maybe it's different over there, but I can get people to make stuff for me, but I won't have any place to store it unless I keep it in my room. When I had to make a drop tower for EOH, I had to borrow space from a professor for a night, while I put it together, and somehow managed to get space in a storage closet to finish it... We had a club, and we were supposed to make a robot for a nasa competition, but we couldn't get anything done because we didn't have anywhere to work ><

That sucks! we have like 3 vacant rooms that are dubbed the "dirty rooms" and you go in there to do sanding and crap on your stuff. People store huge amounts of crap in there all the time.

Added some test zoas last night. seemed to be doing fine so I added a couple acans and an SPS. I'm not sure whats going on in the tank they were in, the one acans weren't looking too happy. Hopefully the fresh water and new lights bring it around.

Finally transferred everything over. Moving the clam is always nerve wracking and I have been putting it off. I left just the blues on for 30 min or so last night and daayyuumm, they make the colors POP. My orange shroom looked like it was glowing. I'll try and get some good pictures of everything tonight.

Yo jimbo you gotsta help me out with this whole LED business. I got sum questions for ya and i need sum suggestions toooo. PM me the next time your in teh chat plz.. :)

Man i couldn't get a picture tonight worth a crap. This is the only one besides my acan eating my favia alive then was clear enough to post.
img_1142112_0_3b231490ffb02ecb38a267ff5dd298d8.jpg

I can't seem to find my tripod anywhere. I will probably have to wait till next week when I get my moms tank out from next to it to get good pictures. The front bow on the glass makes it hard.

The clam and everything else seem to be loving the LEDs. Now if only I could get pics to prove it :/

Man, were are these pics you keep talking about? Did bigfoot steal them then sell them to the chupacabra? lol, just kidding. So is it really working well? I am thinking about trying this 1 day.

Jimbo, that picture of the clam is terrific! Very very pretty! Id say that picture proves well enough the leds are doing the job very well...

Acans are mean creatures. Mine ate a bristle worm that I squirt into the tank from the old 2.5g tank. Poor thing...

My pictures are coming soon...I blew out all four of my white leds trying to run them off a 27V meanwell...:nono:

Decided I would upgrade my light to 6 blues and 6 whites both on their own dimmable meanwell...

Man, these leds are great! Such unnatural colors!
Matt

Back
Top Bottom